Jump to content
Jesse Screed

GUN (by Freddy J,and the kid)

Recommended Posts

Cool song. Love the lyrics and guitar.   Freddy is an amazingly good gtr player and also the nicest guy around here.

I thought I had Jesse all figured out but things are shifting.  Sounds a bit like that guy in the B-52s here and then there's all those coherent posts in the forum lately. Don't know what to think any more.  

😁

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, Jesse and Freddy,

Really nice work on this very cool, bluesy, experimental alt-rocker!😀

Freddy always does a great job on his stuff, and his guitar tone and playing are excellent on this, as usual.  I really liked the cool intro with the keyboard and vocal effects, and Jesse, your vocals are dynamite on this, and the harmonica is absolutely spectacular!  This sort of reminds me of the really early Rolling Stones blues based stuff, which I always liked.

By the ways, Jesse, I really like your acoustic song, "Sip Some Whiskey" which came on after this on your Soundclick page, good stuff!👍

Anyway, really great job, guys, excellent collab!😀

Have a good one!
Bob

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great.  Good job both of you. 

I'm listening on my phone as I am away from home but will listen again when I get back. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice.  You both added your unique touches to make an excellent work of art.

You should do more together.

😀John B

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool, This is something Ricky Williams ( Flipper ) would have written. I agree with John.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Jesse you did it! !!  You took that jangle of disjointed tracks  that I sent you and you created a fun, cool, and relevant song.  Quite a feat -- well done buddy! Great job on the lyrics, keyboard and harmonica.  Thanks for inviting me in on your project!

Thanks to all for listening and commenting.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great fun to listen to, very nice collab guys. Jesse your vocal clarity on this one is great, the vocal is nice and up front in the mix. Whatever your vocal mixing chain was, it's a keeper.

well done both of y'all.

-Tom

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 9:40 PM, Jesse Screed said:

 

On 7/2/2019 at 11:08 PM, bjornpdx said:

Cool song. Love the lyrics and guitar.   Freddy is an amazingly good gtr player and also the nicest guy around here.

I thought I had Jesse all figured out but things are shifting.  Sounds a bit like that guy in the B-52s here and then there's all those coherent posts in the forum lately. Don't know what to think any more.  

😁

Bjorn, thanks.  I hope you continue to prosper.

On 7/3/2019 at 3:43 AM, Bob Oister said:

Hey, Jesse and Freddy,

Really nice work on this very cool, bluesy, experimental alt-rocker!😀

Freddy always does a great job on his stuff, and his guitar tone and playing are excellent on this, as usual.  I really liked the cool intro with the keyboard and vocal effects, and Jesse, your vocals are dynamite on this, and the harmonica is absolutely spectacular!  This sort of reminds me of the really early Rolling Stones blues based stuff, which I always liked.

By the ways, Jesse, I really like your acoustic song, "Sip Some Whiskey" which came on after this on your Soundclick page, good stuff!👍

Anyway, really great job, guys, excellent collab!😀

Have a good one!
Bob

Bob, you are always a positive force, thanks

On 7/3/2019 at 2:07 PM, daryl1968 said:

This is great.  Good job both of you. 

I'm listening on my phone as I am away from home but will listen again when I get back. 

Daryl, you are a forum cornerstone.  Whenever you comment it means much.

19 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Nice.  You both added your unique touches to make an excellent work of art.

You should do more together.

😀John B

Jon, I would love to.

18 hours ago, Joad said:

Very cool, This is something Ricky Williams ( Flipper ) would have written. I agree with John.

Joad, I love it when people compare music to others, It exposes me to new music I have never heard.  Now I need to look up Ricky Williams Flipper.

16 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Great fun to listen to, very nice collab guys. Jesse your vocal clarity on this one is great, the vocal is nice and up front in the mix. Whatever your vocal mixing chain was, it's a keeper.

well done both of y'all.

-Tom

esoul, my vocal chain in this was like this.  I was in a much larger room, actually it was a dome with 16 foot ceiling and 32 foot diameter.  The mic was an at4033 going into a vs100.  I dropped some la2a post.  I don't think I did any eq tweaks on that track.  I will experiment with this more, unfortunately I don't always get to record in the dome.  It will be back to the box soon.

17 hours ago, freddy j said:

Well Jesse you did it! !!  You took that jangle of disjointed tracks  that I sent you and you created a fun, cool, and relevant song.  Quite a feat -- well done buddy! Great job on the lyrics, keyboard and harmonica.  Thanks for inviting me in on your project!

Thanks to all for listening and commenting.

Freddy, thanks for taking the risk.  You did not dismiss my request to collab.  In fact you freely responded. 

Even though it was a struggle to get the files, you didn't give up, and you gave me free rein.

I had intentions to go full Q with your guitar, but something  in my head kept saying "why do you want to eff something this good up." so I played it straight.

If you ever have some abandoned files that you have come to a dead end with maybe we could do this again.  That goes for anybody actually, I would collab with anybody.

But Freddy, you were my first forum collab.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Captain Beefheart sprang to mind as this all kick off knowing that at some point the band was going to kick in.  I was not disappointed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

Joad, I love it when people compare music to others, It exposes me to new music I have never heard.  Now I need to look up Ricky Williams Flipper.

 

Ricky Williams is the singer, Flipper is the name of the band. one of the first punk bands to slow down and smash the roses.:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never know what to expect with your music Jessie,
Think this is the clearest I have heard your vocals on your tracks.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your music is definitely original - and I thought this song was a trip.  In other words, your music is a lot of fun to listen to.

Nice job on the collab guys.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic work, gentlemen!  Jesse, you and Freddy are perfect together.  Kudos for the vocal, which stands out and provides the element of danger that is so relevant for this song.  Freddy, you hit this one out of the park.  I need an ice cream cone...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...