No VST Scan on Startup

musikman1

Looking for the on/off VST scan switch.....There used to be a tick box to turn off auto VST scanning upon startup in the Plug-in Mgr, but I haven't found it in CWbBL.  I did find VST settings in the Edit/Pref menu, with 3 options - Auto Background Scan, Scan on Startup, and Manual Scan.  Mine is set for Auto Background Scan, and there's a box ticked underneath for "Scan in Sandbox" (whatever that means).

Every time I start CW it scans for all VSTs.  I'd like to be able to turn off the automatic startup scan, and only do a scan when I add a new VST.  Is this the only, and correct place for changing this setting?....and is it the Manual Scan setting in the drop list that I need to change it to?  This would seem to make the most sense, just wanted to check with you guys in case I'm missing something.  Thanks, much appreciated.

17 minutes ago, musikman1 said:

There used to be a tick box to turn off auto VST scanning upon startup in the Plug-in Mgr

Since the introduction of VST settings in X-series preferences, scanning and setting scan preferences in the Plug-in Manager has been discouraged in favor of using preferences.

The plug-in manager supports a subset of the VST settings available in preferences and is intended to be used with older Cakewalk products that do not have VST settings in preferences.