Boz Gatey-Watey 19$

Paul P

:)

To be honest, I had been eyeballing that 10dB Bundle too, even when its price was (much) higher. 

So now you made it (much) worse for me ;)

Edited by Fleer
Stupid spelling corrector. It’s its, not it’s.
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Fleer said:

The latter 😉

31 minutes ago, mibby said:

Just so we're on the same page.   I'd hate to see a good deal go unappreciated... 

Appreciate and purchasing are 2 different things.   It's nice in this age that small developers are putting out quality stuff that is denting the big boy's prices.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

11 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

... It's nice in this age that small developers are putting out quality stuff that is denting the big boy's prices.

It feels like the opposite to me - like the big boys are radically dropping prices and putting the squeeze on the small shops...

20 minutes ago, mibby said:

It feels like the opposite to me - like the big boys are radically dropping prices and putting the squeeze on the small shops...

I'm under the impression it is a little mix of both depending on the product.  Realistilly a lot of it is market driven.  I never understood the model of $150+ for a single plugin effect for anything other than a full blown studio in terms of rationalization from a budget perspective and with DAWs now including real usable effects in the package, it makes even less sense.  Unlike a piece of hardware, the software runs a chance of being "worthless" in a limited amount of time.  Current state they have many advantages over hardware in the short term, but your average home producer has a budget that is more in line with where the market is heading than what the manufactures were trying to dictate 10 years ago.   

I'd much rather have a competive product from Boz than the "big name" due to things like authorization methods and install processes.  

In the case of the +10db, is has to be hard to compete with something like the Waves Omni Channel when it goes on sale for around $25, outside of those of us with multiple workstations that would need to buy are than one seat to seamlessly use across platforms.  

• Like 1

I got Gatey Watey on the introductory free deal and it's been on every kick and snare track since then. Its competition in my plug-in collection is the Unfiltered Audio G8, which is quite a gate, and there's never a contest.

It makes it so easy to get hi hat out of a snare track and snare out of a kick track that it feels like cheating.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:09 PM, mibby said:

Just so we're on the same page.   I'd hate to see a good deal go unappreciated... 

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:42 PM, Fleer said:

:)

To be honest, I had been eyeballing that 10dB Bundle too, even when its price was (much) higher. 

So now you made it (much) worse for me ;)

Make him cry like a little girl, Mibby!

Edited by BassDaddy
remnants of a mispent youth.
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, BassDaddy said:

Would anyone agree that Boz stuff will always be useful, easy to use and sound great? And usually quirky enough to do things other similar plugins don't do. One of the names you can trust, AFAIC.

Agreed!

1 hour ago, BassDaddy said:

Would anyone agree that Boz stuff will always be useful, easy to use and sound great? And usually quirky enough to do things other similar plugins don't do. One of the names you can trust, AFAIC.

Yup! Not Soundtoys (best bundle ever!), but quite useful tools.

7 hours ago, John Maar said:

Yup! Not Soundtoys (best bundle ever!), but quite useful tools.

I only have about 6-7 of the smaller Soundtoys plugs but the Bozbplugs I have get used on every single project.   Soundtoys sound great but seem like the every now and then use for the ones I have.  I also never use an ilok plug if I have an equal with a more liberal authorization process.

Mongoose, Pan, T-bone, manic Comp

Clipper, delay, Sasquatch, gate all are go tos when the effect is needed.

At least Soundtoys allows PC authorization, unlike Slate, which forces you into either a hardware key or, MUCH worse, the iLok Cloud, where the plugins keeps checking for auth via the internet. Sure wish I could get that money back.

5 minutes ago, John Maar said:

At least Soundtoys allows PC authorization, unlike Slate, which forces you into either a hardware key or, MUCH worse, the iLok Cloud, where the plugins keeps checking for auth via the internet. Sure wish I could get that money back.

True, but last I checked I was thinking the "local" ilok manager requires deactivation from the PC.  So if that HD fails for some reason, you just lost hundreds, or thousands worth of virtual gear.  

And yes, I can't see any possible scenario where I'd pay for a Slate like system.  You can't resale Slate either??