Option for the folders to be AUX tracks automatically

Sergei Pilin

Would be great to have an option to have folders be AUX tracks if needed - with all the benefits of a real aux tracks such as working  ProChannel, automation and plugins. I picture a menu option "treat folders as AUX" and then when you put any track into such AUX folder its output automatically gets routed to the folder's input. And  once removed from folder it outputs to the default output again.

• Great Idea 2

• 4 weeks later...

Folders are just a way of visually organising tracks, and one of the main benefits IMHO is that they can easily contain tracks that are routed to multiple destinations but are still grouped together. Having a different type of folder that behaves differently such as Aux Folder just muddys the waters for me. Folders shouldn't be deciding where the audio is routed.

You can already send every track in a folder to a new destination in a couple of clicks, just click the folder, go to tracks, and choose 'selected track outputs ' and choose it from the drop-down. I'm not at my DAW machine right now so I'm not sure if that includes any Aux tracks but I often use it to send folder tracks to a Bus , so I imagine Aux tracks would show up too?