UJAM Virtual Drummer 2.0

cclarry

Introducing Virtual Drummer 2

UJAM Instruments is proud to announce a juicy update to the popular Virtual Drummer series. With Virtual Drummer 2, the series has now come of age with fundamental functional and sonic improvements to enhance your productions.

You now get more flexibility, power and depth whilst maintaining the fail-proof spirit of simplicity that UJAM is famous for. 

Stop Talking, I Want Them Now

FEATURE DETAILS

What’s New?

MIDI Drag and Drop to DAW
Now you can drag grooves directly from the Virtual Drummer GUI into your MIDI instrument track within your DAW of choice allowing for total customizability when composing and tweaking your tracks. 

Multiple Audio Outputs
Every drum element can be routed to its own audio track within your DAW for complete mix control.

New Styles & Presets
An additional 30 styles with 690 new grooves and 150 new presets per drummer. Full backward compatibility.

More Kit Options: Build Your Custom Sound 
Mix and match individual elements from five meticulously recorded drum kits. Create fully custom kits or just out swap the snare to suit your tracks.

Enhanced Mixer 
Put your drums in a convincing space with enhanced tweaking options for ambience and reverb signals.

Brand New Master Section
Added Master Section featuring one-knob saturation and loudness maximizer controls.

Wow, Those Features Got Me!

VIRTUAL DRUMMER OFFERS

Drum-Tastic Offers Available

The new Virtual Drummer series is now available on ujam.com. We are offering an intro discount of 50% until July, 14. Get the single product for $/€ 49 instead of $/€ 99 and the bundle for $/€ 99 instead of $/€ 199. 

If you already own one or more Virtual Drummers, check our no-brainer upgrade offers!

Virtual Drummer – as easy and fast as ever for song production, but now lets you go as deep as you like.

I’ll Take The Offer

Yes,  I did the upgrade on SOLID because it seemed potentially the most versatile instrument.  The sounds probably won't trouble the big name virtual drummers, so the value of multiple out puts is debatable but the drag and drop MIDI is useful. Essentially,  I think SOLID2 is an even better tool for quick drum part creation. YMMV as they say.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

Any opinions on how these compare to others like JamStix or even EzDrummer etc?

I can't comment on EzDrummer, but I think JamStix is the top drum VST in the market.   The problem with it is the learning curve, but once you spend time with it, there is nothing that can compare.  Plus it allows you to use any drum kits you may already have.  And it even allows you to import your favorite drum patterns from other drum packages.  (Depending on the software, you might have to make a midi file first, but others like AD2 can drop a pattern directly into JamStix.)

The UJAM drummers are perhaps the easiest to use drum VSTs and that is probably their biggest strength.

Although my main drum VSTi is AD2 (along with JamStix), I still use AIR Strike 2 as my go to "jamming" drummer.

The main reason is the complexity & intensity controls which are mapped by default to pitch bend & modulation. Just messing around with these in real time can really add dynamics to the performance without any effort at all.

The other thing I like is that picking a particular style then changing time signature actually works in most cases, rather than simply ignoring it or cutting off in odd places.

If UJAM had these features I would jump on it, cos it blows AIR Strike 2 away sound wise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mesh said:

I'm thinking about getting this upgrade.....how do you guys like Phat 2 so far?

Not looking to replace AD2 or EZD2, but do like getting good quick results/variations from drum VST's.

Hey Mesh, Phat 1 is the only Ujam Virtual Drummer I have (apart from a few Beatmakers) and I am thinking of doing the same as you and for the same reason. 👍🏻

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mesh said:

I'm thinking about getting this upgrade.....how do you guys like Phat 2 so far?

Not looking to replace AD2 or EZD2, but do like getting good quick results/variations from drum VST's.

Would be curious also...