"Bounce to Tracks" audio differs from what was written

Sometimes it's the little things that tend to drive me nuts. Case in point, in a piece I created, where the tune moves from an A section to a B section, on beat 1 of the B section, the main melody note initially disappeared after I bounced to tracks, being replaced by one that was dissonant with the chord at that point. Oh, and when I bounce to tracks, I always bounce the Master Bus and not the Entire Mix. I leave everything else set to defaults.. So anyway, I was able to bring the correct note back -- somewhat -- by altering the melody line at the end of the A section preceding it, which contained that dissonant note at the end of a scale passage. I ended up removing the dissonant note, which finally brought back the correct note.  But the note's length has been truncated, from a dotted quarter to an eighth note.

Once I was able to get the note back, I took a look at any other notes sharing its frequency at that point. I found three, so I deleted them, thinking they may have somehow taken precedence in the mix and were truncating this note's length. But nope, that made no difference.

So, I finally got the note back at one third of its value and I'm puzzled by all this. I'm puzzled that the "Bounce to Tracks" utility didn't correctly record what had been written, first of all. And I'm equally puzzled why it isn't playing the note's time value as written. Oh, one more thing, the audio channel I was bouncing the project to is clean -- nothing has been added to it, effects wise.

So I guess I'm wondering -- are there any insights you might be able to provide that would account for this? Possible work-arounds and/or ways to improve bounce accuracy?

Edited by Michael McBroom

- What synth and patch?

- Do you have Arranger sections defined? 

- What is your MIDI Prepare Using Buffer set to? Try something between 20 and 50 if outside that range.

- Do you have a non-zero value set for BounceBufSizeMsec in Config File (AUD.INI)? If so, what is it? If not, try changing your ASIO buffer size (used by default for rendering when BounceBufSizeMsec=0).