Faceless Immortals (metal insturmental)

Chandler

Very cool. I love the way that the bassier instruments drop out in the first section transition - great contrast. Nice too that they come back in a gradual build-up.

Sounds like it'd go well as a soundtrack to DOOM or something (I mean that in a good way). Well done!

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2022 at 10:14 AM, Hidden Symmetry said:

This sounds great, always enjoy listening to your guitar playing!

Thank you. I've been so busy I haven't been writing and playing as much, but I want to change that and get more pieces done. 

5 hours ago, antler said:

Very cool. I love the way that the bassier instruments drop out in the first section transition - great contrast. Nice too that they come back in a gradual build-up.

Sounds like it'd go well as a soundtrack to DOOM or something (I mean that in a good way). Well done!

I knew this sound needed some contrast, because too much of that hard edged sound can get tiring. I actually was inspired by a scene from a fantasy book, so the Doom soundtrack comment isn't far off. 

Enjoyed the track.
But
Am I the only one that feels the kick is really dominating the track?
It just doesn't sound like its in the same room as the snare or anything else.

Could be its just me...

t

On 8/25/2022 at 12:17 PM, hockeyjx said:

developing guitar software? Do tell!

from YouTube "been working on making some high gain amps for MTurboamp"
Chandler does a lot of demo vids for Melda, evidently he is putting together some presets.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 4:17 AM, hockeyjx said:

@Chandler: You are developing guitar software? Do tell!

As DeeringAmps mentioned I made quite a few of the amps in MTurboamp.  There is going to be a new product that has FX and other stuff too, which should be really fun and interesting and I've been making presets for that. I used that software which I'd been working on to make this song. 

12 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Enjoyed the track.
But
Am I the only one that feels the kick is really dominating the track?
It just doesn't sound like its in the same room as the snare or anything else.

Could be its just me...

t

from YouTube "been working on making some high gain amps for MTurboamp"
Chandler does a lot of demo vids for Melda, evidently he is putting together some presets.

Thank you. One of my monitors blew after I mixed this, so the kick might be off, but I can't tell. I only have headphone and normal speakers right now. 

• Like 1

He teamed up with Robert Jordon to finish Jordon's Wheel of time when time caught up with Jordon before he had finished.

Nice enough track though I feel the drums become a little monotonous, a few ghost notes might just alleviate that. 

• Like 1