[SOLVED]Problem with porting Projects to another PC

Heinz Hupfer

Question

HI:)

2 PCs with different Soundcards.

Porting from my Studio to my Office all is fine, the Outputs are in correct order, look here:

584194343_FehlendeAudioausgngeBuero.png.3c4263bab9f6d00bfea8996d4e4073f0.png

In the other direction it changes the order since the last update:

1052204162_FehlendeAudioausgaenge-Studio.png.b536bfa58aa920d2d623537013ea03c3.png

FX Bus from UR44C is in first place but it should not be, these are the Outputs 5/6  on UR44, so what happened? 

Can I change this again? 

Thanks;)

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

9 answers to this question

Edit: What I say below was based on thinking this was 2 identical interfaces so I was wrong and please disregard. The below would possibly be true if you used 2 identical interfaces and drivers.  

That shouldn’t happen. Are you sure you are using the exact same driver version.
I would try re install of the most up to date drivers on both machines. Make sure all the numbers match. 
And make sure there’s no other drivers interfering. Like the Steinberg generic driver that gets installed with their software. 

Edited by Cactus Music

@Cactus Music

On both are the newest drivers installed, but I can see an FL Studio driver greyed out in the audio devices in office but not in studio. Perhaps this interferes with the list? don't think so, it was installed since a year or so....

Trying out...

@Kurre

There's no possibilitiy to order them!

@sjoens

For sure I can click and reorder them in this window, but then I have to order it on every project port from office, and I do it a lot vice versa! Not very practicable!

And it always worked before...

Greetz;)

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

Not that it should matter but is this the same interface you are moving back and forth or do you own 2 of the exact same interfaces?  

It should be fine that there is a greyed out interface. I have that with my Tascam showing greyed out when using my Motu. I always thought it was odd my Scarlett doesn’t show like that too. 

I would still try reinstalling the drivers just in case updating Windows or ever Cakewalk has caused a weird glitch deep inside the system. It can’t hurt and only takes a minute. 

Interface will be grayed out if drivers are installed but hardware is not hooked up, turned on, or selected.

It seems even the same interface will invoke the "Missing Audio Outputs" window if it's Friendly Names are changed.

Edited by sjoens

@Cactus Music

2 complete different Interfaces, as you can see in the pictures. Steinberg UR44C in my Office Machine and Audiobox 1818VSL in my Studio PC.

Now, yesterday I did a complete New Install of Win 11 and CbB (Studio PC) cause of some glitching Problems with a large Project and the same problem occurs with this Outputs 5 and 6, it shifts to the out 1 and 2. doesn't happen if I deactivate 5 and 6 in the device manager on the Office PC (I do not use "really" these Outputs, they are Dummy outputs for the Master Bus, muted for output)

Means, I have a Mixbus with a Send to Outputs 1 and 2 (The Send I use for Loudness of my Monitors), which goes to the Masterbus with A Loudness Meter on it, but goes to Outputs 5&6 muted.

On 3&4 I have a second Monitor Pair with a second Send(Small Speakers).

Mixloudness with Mix Fader, feeding the Loudness Meter on Masterbus.

So if I deactivate 5 and 6, the order is on both PCs the same, on activated 5 and 6 , these become 1 and 2 on the other machine. 

But why?

Greetz;)

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

I edited my first post as it was based on thinking these were 2 identical Steinberg interfaces. 

I have 3 different interfaces a Tascam, Scarlett and a Motu. They have different input configurations but all have 4 analog outs plus the Tascam and Scarlett have 5/6 as digital. 
I used to use the digital a lot when using my Yamaha O1v mixer. So I have a lot of old projects that use that on the 5/6 outputs on the Master bus. 
I just recently got the Motu and sure enough if I open one of those old projects I get the silent bus warning. But the Tascam and Scarlett have never had issues with outputs getting messed up.

I haven’t used the mixer for a while because it’s only 44.1 so I always have to think for a minute when I hear no output when opening one of those projects. Not a problem because I immediately convert them to 48 before I even play them. 

But I can only guess that every brand of interfaces talks to Cakewalk differently and not surprised that the order could change if the names are weird like that. Mine are all 1/2. 3/4. 5/6. For all devices. The Scarlett has these DAW 1 etc that are part of using the Mix Control software. They are always last on the list  The Motu has Loopback outputs that also are always last on the list