Unable to install Melodyne from bandlab assistant

Sonified Music

Question

I was having trouble using melodyne and cakewalk so i uninstalled both of them. I first uninstalled Melodyne so then it's option was not showing in create region FX which was obvious as i had uninstalled it . I then tried to install both (Cakewalk & Melodyne) from Bandlab assistant, for Cakewalk it showed me the option of "Update" instead of Install so i clicked on it & taking forever to install it doesn't progress from Dowlnoading (0/0)  and for Melodyne when i checked in install Add ons Melodyne is appearing grey (Bandlab assistant thinks it is already installed)

1) is there any way to make Bandlab assistant realize that Melodyne is unistall so that i can install it again from there.

2) How can i reinstall Cakewalk again as the bandlab assistant won't progress from Downloading (0/0) [Note-my internet speed is 134 MB/s so I'm sure it's not the issue with internet )

4 answers to this question

Cakewalk has its own installer now so check the website. You no longer need the Bandlab Assistant. 

Melodyne is a demo and after 1 month you need to create an Account with Celemony and purchase a license. It has its own installer that has nothing to do with Cakewalk. 

16 hours ago, Cactus Music said:

Cakewalk has its own installer now so check the website. You no longer need the Bandlab Assistant. 

Melodyne is a demo and after 1 month you need to create an Account with Celemony and purchase a license. It has its own installer that has nothing to do with Cakewalk. 

I know it's a trial version for first 30 days only but I was using Melodyne since past 1.5 year or so (Since when i have installed Cbb) it was working perfectly fine for :-

1) Dragging audio into a Midi track to convert the Audio into midi.

2) Extracting tempo information from an Audio file/ copying an audio's tempo to the project. 

It wasnt performing pitch correction and other things but the 2 things mentioned above were working perfectly fine, but i updated it from the Help>Check for updates in cakewalk and then it installed Melodyne 5 and thats exactly where the problem started and now i can not petform the above mentioned functions

I see.  I guess the unintended mistake was that updating Cakewalk would cause the demo mode system they just introduced to kill Melodyne 4 completely. 

It’s not that expensive to get the Essential version which is all most of us need. It goes on sale in November Black Friday deals time I think for $50. I got the Assistant version for $99. 

If you create a Celemony account you get the emails on deals 

Edited by Cactus Music

On 8/21/2022 at 4:55 PM, Cactus Music said:

Cakewalk has its own installer now so check the website. 

I've got what looks like a similar problem to the OP's. My Cakewalk installation was a mess, so I uninstalled it and all plug-ins with a view to reinstalling. I've downloaded CakewalkSetup.exe and am running it as Administrator, but the setup dialog has been running for over two hours now, with the green 'Downloading additional files...' progress bar having filled and then gone back to the start three times (i.e. it's now on its fourth go). Any ideas?

EDIT: Don't know why, but after killing the process twice via Task Manager and restarting the PC, the download and installation succeeded on the next attempt, so problem solved. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Patrick Rowles
Problem solved