Tracktion Waveform 12 Free - now available

abacab

6 hours ago, daveiv said:

Mixcraft also costs peanuts, and it's very serviceable.

Get Home Studio for $10 from Steam right now, upgrade to Recording Studio for $40 bucks on their website!

Alternatively in the past many of us would have got an earlier version of Mixcraft in a HUMBLE BUNDLE so should allow an upgrade also 

Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio was included in a bundle called "HUMBLE SOFTWARE BUNDLE: MEGA SOUND DESIGNER LOOP CRATE" in sept 2020. That bundle cost €25 inc  Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio + Mixcraft 8 Home Studio

The only upgrade from Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio is to Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio for $79 BUT looking at compare its really not worth it. The Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio has pretty much all the core stuff thats in Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio. Pro just has a load of extra own plugins which you probably have covered already with your own plugs

https://acoustica.com/mixcraft/compare-chart

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

The Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio has pretty much all the core stuff thats in Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio. Pro just has a load of extra own plugins which you probably have covered already with your own plugs

But if you're starting out, the pro makes sense IMHO 😃

Mixcraft Recording Studio (and Pro Studio) has the Performance Panel.

"Performance Panel offers incredible features for live performance and loop-based composition, rivaling the best DAWs on the market. Trigger audio and MIDI loops with a Launchpad, MIDI controller, or even your typing keyboard. Record directly to slots, and make real-time edits to sounds mid-performance."

I don't use Mixcraft, but believe this feature is somewhat similar to the "Session View" in Ableton Live, or the Bitwig Studio "Clip Launcher".

Funnily enough, the now defunct legacy Cakewalk Project 5 had a similar feature. The bakers tried to move some of it's functionality over to Sonar as the "Matrix", but IMO it came up a bit short, and has never really been realized to it's full potential.

Edited by abacab

21 minutes ago, abacab said:

Funnily enough, the now defunct legacy Cakewalk Project 5 had a similar feature. The bakers tried to move some of it's functionality over to Sonar as the "Matrix", but IMO it came up a bit short, and has never really been realized to it's full potential.

Im still waiting for some serious love toward the MATRIX from Bandlab TBH. It could be a serious game change feature 

Just now, aidan o driscoll said:

Im still waiting for some serious love toward the MATRIX from Bandlab TBH. It could be a serious game change feature 

Preferably by having the Cakewalk "Matrix" setup like the Performance Panel in Mixcraft, which is "in-line" with the tracks they represent. Just as it was in Cakewalk Project 5.

Having it in another tab, or docker, or page view is just a workflow killer.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I thought the topic was traction waveform :).

LOL, I probably didn't correctly say what I was thinking. A period would have been better punctuation than a comma in the example.

You are correct.

Well back on topic. I was attempting to express that this thread had gone way off track, and not even close to the original topic. 😉

6 minutes ago, abacab said:

Interesting extra bit! I didn't catch that DAW Essentials were now part of Waveform 12 Free now, as I already had DAW essentials from an earlier Waveform Pro bundle.

Nice! :)

When Cakewalk went defunct we were given a code to get Waveform Pro.  I didn't need the extra plugins included.