Tracktion Waveform 12 Free - now available

abacab

29 minutes ago, abacab said:

Tracktion also offers 90-day demos of their synths.

F'em was $29 just a few weeks ago. Didn't buy because I went with $10 FM8 deal, but now I'm seeking asylum in Linux. 90-day demo is enough to get to the Black Friday. :)

1 hour ago, daveiv said:

F'em was $29 just a few weeks ago. Didn't buy because I went with $10 FM8 deal, but now I'm seeking asylum in Linux. 90-day demo is enough to get to the Black Friday. :)

The demo is a great way to see if you really need something!

I did the F'em demo when it was first released, and then passed up on the intro deal. I also passed on the $29 deal as I already had FM8 and Arturia DX7 V.

The F'em synth was developed by the veteran braniac from Waldorf Music, Wolfram Franke, the same one who did Tracktion Biotek 1/2 which I do have. His stuff is very deep!

https://soundbytesmag.net/review-f-em-by-tracktion/

I am currently running the demo of Dawesome Novum, by the same developer that did Dawesome Abyss. Tracktion is the marketing partner for Dawesome.

Here's a 12-year old interview with Wolfram when he was working at Waldforf...

Edited by abacab
  • Great Idea 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/21/2022 at 1:04 AM, mibby said:

@Fleer  Does it do a particular thing really well? Or do you like the workflow or what?

It is a flakey as hell on my Mac - open a saved file and all its files are missing. They suddenly reappear then the playback doesn't work. Does not inspire confidence. Back to Cakewalk for me.