FR: Make custom Keybinding for ProChannel available in TrackView

Peter Hintze

Hi,

Description: 

• I would like to use "Show/Hide ProChannel" in TrackView with my left hand, and therefore i want to change the default keybinding "Ctrl-i" to "Ctrl-e" .

Issue:

• But in the Keybindings Dialog the "Show/Hide ProChannel" function is only only available under "Console View" and not in "TrackView" or "Global Bindings" (see image)
  • Thus, the custom binding "Ctrl-e" to show/hide the ProChannel in does not work TrackView (only the default binding)

This is s small bug which i hope can be fixed quite easily?

Thank you in advance.

Peter

image.thumb.png.cbeb575f79600ed72a047d93f1607a0e.png

Edited by Peter Hintze

It is not a bug.

The Console View has a function to show/hide the ProChannel in the Console view for selected track(s).

The Track View does not have a ProChannel to display so there is no show/hide ProChannel function for the Track View.

The image in the OP shows the Inspector left of the Track View. The Inspector contains a ProChannel and there is a default global binding CTRL+I to display the ProChannel for the track that has focus. Because this is a global binding it works in both the Track and Console views. This function is not exposed for re-binding. Currently there is no way to re-map CTRL+I in the DAW.

Here is a similar discussion 

• Thanks 1

@scookThanks, AutohotKey is a good workaround.

Just for anyone who wants to know my Script for 2 shortcuts is as follows:

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

SetTitleMatchMode RegEx

Ctrl-e triggers Ctrl-i to open/close ProChannel in Trackview

#If WinActive("ahk_exe i)Cakewalk.exe") 
^e::^i                                                                                     
#If

Ctrl-j triggers 4 keys in a row with a pause of 100ms in between. Objective: it opens/closes inspector, bus pane, browser and toolbar at the same time

#If WinActive("ahk_exe i)Cakewalk.exe") 
^j::                                                                                          

Send, c
Sleep, 100 ; (a pause of 100 mili seconds )
send, i
send, b
send, +b
#If

BR, Peter

Edited by Peter Hintze