Nembrini Acoustic Voice Guitar Preamp

Brian Cadoret

57 minutes ago, Brian Cadoret said:

Hi out of interest what IR's are you using for your system.

I'd suggest checking out these free ones:

https://worshiptutorials.com/product/acoustic-ir-sample-pack/

http://acousticir.free.fr/spip.php?rubrique2

Fishman Aura IRs

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f2qdh9jtcl6s5cv/AACRlEt-UVeLAhuvV4YwMY7Wa?dl=0

I have a Taylor 814ce with a Fishman Matrix in it.  THere are some Martin D28s in the acoustic ir link that make my Talyor actually sound more like a Martin, the Fishmain Aura actually has an 814ce that used my same system so that is pretty spot on (I also own an actual Fishman Aura also).  And the worship tutorial with the 816 is pretty good too.

It can take some experimenting but the primary factor is using a capture that used the same pickup type you use.  

You can use any IR loader.  I actually bought a FS07 so I could easily do live shows or plug and play into a recording interface.  But using something like the Audio Assault IR loader is even better as it allows longer impulse times, better gain and processing controls.   But seriously night and day difference between this method and the Nembrini plugin (even using totally free IRs and IR loaders and plugins) for a natural recorded tone.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I went to the Acoustic IR database. I have a Takamine Jasmine with a Joyo JE-307 installed. The guitar itself sounds good for a sub $100 guitar and the $25 pre-amp actually works ok. I looked at Nembrini's Acoustic Voice but didn't buy it and I'm interested in trying the acousticir.free.fr IR database. The JE-307 I think is a knock off of the old 90's Fishman "barn door" preamps. That pre-amp isn't listed so I'm wondering of the listed ones, which would be the closest?

11 minutes ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

I went to the Acoustic IR database. I have a Takamine Jasmine with a Joyo JE-307 installed. The guitar itself sounds good for a sub $100 guitar and the $25 pre-amp actually works ok. I looked at Nembrini's Acoustic Voice but didn't buy it and I'm interested in trying the acousticir.free.fr IR database. The JE-307 I think is a knock off of the old 90's Fishman "barn door" preamps. That pre-amp isn't listed so I'm wondering of the listed ones, which would be the closest?

Quick search suggests it has an UST (under saddle pickup)

So I'd start off with the ones I've suggested (my Taylor 814 has one of those 1990s Fishman Prefix systems in it and I make sure it is only using the UST)

On this Acoustic IR site select this box and search:

image.png.cc8b9396b3e67dac8e775aac781add1a.png

In the Aura drop box site many should be geared towards Fishman systems - I know the Taylor 814 ones were.

The worship tutorial ones none of them use the Fishman however you can try the files with "PZ1, PZ2, or PZ3" which were captures with various Piezo pickups most of which are likely UST.

The key with all these is start with something that is likely close to the same pickup and then experiment to see which sounds best with your setup.  

• 2 weeks later...