Native Instruments launches TRAKTOR PRO Plus

satya

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/traktor/traktor-pro-plus/

TRAKTOR PRO Plus is an add-on subscription for existing TRAKTOR PRO users. Through this subscription, we will release an ever-growing stream of exciting new features outside of the usual major releases. These features will not be mandatory for base functionality but are intended to improve sound and performance by utilizing certain innovative technologies found across the entities of Soundwide (the umbrella brand that includes iZotope, Plugin Alliance, and Brainworx). Our hope is that this will enable you to enjoy more immediate access to our ongoing developments at TRAKTOR, thereby providing new instances for creative inspiration on a regular basis.

For $4.99 per month or $49.00 per year, you can subscribe to TRAKTOR PRO Plus and receive the software’s latest features as soon as they are released. TRAKTOR PRO 3, as you know it today, will remain – either included in the hardware package or as a separate perpetual software license.

SUBSCRIPTION-ONLY FEATURES

capitalization is as it was on the page

Not a traktor user, but do not like this idea. It seems they're going the iZotope route where new features are sent to subscribers as they're developed, and bunched up in major releases for perpetual users. The sub-only features here are currently a new pattern sequencer and a maximizer from iZotope.

So now we've seen NI products cross over to PA sales, and now iZotope code into NI products.

Hoping NI does not make Komplete/Kontakt sub-focused. Though I can't imagine Kontakt would go too far down that route given most people use it as a platform for third-party libraries and I would think they wouldn't want to push more of them to developing their own samplers like Spitfire or Orchestral Tools. I know there is already a Komplete subscription but it's sort of off to the side.

8 hours ago, mister_tea said:

Not a traktor user, but do not like this idea. It seems they're going the iZotope route where new features are sent to subscribers as they're developed, and bunched up in major releases for perpetual users. The sub-only features here are currently a new pattern sequencer and a maximizer from iZotope.

Seems like a reasonable idea to me, and I don't like subs - I dropped CorelDRAW as soon as it went sub-only and went for Affinity Design.

Those who like the latest and greatest can subscribe and get the features as they come out.

Those who prefer to buy perpetual licences continue to do the same thing as before - wait for a new major version to be released, decide if it's worth upgrading, and then upgrade if so. From this perspective, there is no change whatsoever. The only difference is potential FOMO that there are people using new features first.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, antler said:

Seems like a reasonable idea to me, and I don't like subs - I dropped CorelDRAW as soon as it went sub-only and went for Affinity Design.

Those who like the latest and greatest can subscribe and get the features as they come out.

Those who prefer to buy perpetual licences continue to do the same thing as before - wait for a new major version to be released, decide if it's worth upgrading, and then upgrade if so. From this perspective, there is no change whatsoever. The only difference is potential FOMO that there are people using new features first.

CorelDRAW is still available as a lifetime license, though it’s no longer possible to upgrade your old version and the one time purchase price is high. Adobe Illustrator is subscription only. Affinity designer is great peace of vector software, still a little bit limited compared to DRAW or Illustrator.

• Like 2