Well I must be doing something right!!!

garybrun

1 hour ago, garybrun said:

4 songs in the Soundcloud Country Top 5  🙂

Will go through later and look at everyones songs... sorry for the delay.

top5.jpg

Gary, please don't take offense to what I am about to say.  I have thought a lot about this subject, on whether we as artists are popular because of what we do.  I really think your success has less to do with you "doing something right," and more to do with

being in the right place at the right time, paired with a dose of luck.

Now let me explain further, I am not saying you do not have talent (which you obviously do), or that you have not practiced your ***** off to hone your skills (which you obviously have), or that you are not a handsome dude that all the kids are attracted to (which you obviously are), that is all beside the question.

Remember that time we went to that little club on a Monday night, and there were only six other people in the joint, and there happened to be some live music, and the band knocked us out with their performance, and we kept asking ourselves why these kids weren't breaking out nationally, and we found out they had to  pay the owner to play that night.  Remeber?

Whatever you are doing, keep on doing it.

Ride that wave baby!!!!!   You are killing it, just keep stepping up to the plate and swing at the ball!

Congrats, you deserve it.

Edited by Jesse Screed
misspelling
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Jesse Screed said:

Ride that wave baby!!!!!   You are killing it, just keep stepping up to the plate and swing at the ball!

Ride it!!

Yes you do deserve it!!

Keep doing what your doing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jesse Screed said:

Gary, please don't take offense to what I am about to say.  I have thought a lot about this subject, on whether we as artists are popular because of what we do.  I really think your success has less to do with you "doing something right," and more to do with

being in the right place at the right time, paired with a dose of luck.

Now let me explain further, I am not saying you do not have talent (which you obviously do), or that you have not practiced your ***** off to hone your skills (which you obviously have), or that you are not a handsome dude that all the kids are attracted to (which you obviously are), that is all beside the question.

Remember that time we went to that little club on a Monday night, and there were only six other people in the joint, and there happened to be some live music, and the band knocked us out with their performance, and we kept asking ourselves why these kids weren't breaking out nationally, and we found out they had to  pay the owner to play that night.  Remeber?

HI Jesse.
Thank you for you post... and well written too!
I do not take offence and understand what you are trying to say!
Let me clarify I few things and I hope people understand what I am trying to say.

It may sound a little personal,,, but I am open and honest and straight talking  guy.
I am 55 years old and ever since I was little I was told I would never amount to anything and I wouldnt be even paid in washers!

I was brought up in children s homes , foster homes, sexually abused etc etc..  you have heard the horror stories before may times.
I wont go into to details more...  but I am willing to share via PM if any wants to know.

But... all those bad things that happened have made me into the man I am to day.
Have been a foster parent to 6 kids and kicked the devil up the ***** by turning the experiences around for good and many other stuff...  but thats by the by.

Im not big headed....  but have learned to love myself... the man I am and was made to be.
Unless you can love yourself... its hard to love others.
Yes..  I can sing.. but the good looking bit I am not sure about!  lol

All my skills on the recording side of thing are not so special and everything I have now I have learnt here mostly  (think Ive been over 10 years now).
I just find it weird and exciting... that I suddenly decide to do a country cover version and people liked it.  Thats a big kick to be honest.

I shared it on here... to try and encourage people...   not that I want to be big headed or anything..
Its like sharing with your family.

So if I do come across as being stuck up my own *****...  if you could meet me in person you would know I'm not like that.
Not a good writer or an educated man..  but am educated in lives "hard school" and proud of it.

As I said I will go through a lot of the songs that people have posted up and make comments.
Thanks again everyone and you can say anything to me as it takes a lot to get me offended.

Garyxxx

• Like 3

1 hour ago, garybrun said:

HI Jesse.
Thank you for you post... and well written too!
I do not take offence and understand what you are trying to say!
Let me clarify I few things and I hope people understand what I am trying to say.

It may sound a little personal,,, but I am open and honest and straight talking  guy.
I am 55 years old and ever since I was little I was told I would never amount to anything and I wouldnt be even paid in washers!

I was brought up in children s homes , foster homes, sexually abused etc etc..  you have heard the horror stories before may times.
I wont go into to details more...  but I am willing to share via PM if any wants to know.

But... all those bad things that happened have made me into the man I am to day.
Have been a foster parent to 6 kids and kicked the devil up the ***** by turning the experiences around for good and many other stuff...  but thats by the by.

Im not big headed....  but have learned to love myself... the man I am and was made to be.
Unless you can love yourself... its hard to love others.
Yes..  I can sing.. but the good looking bit I am not sure about!  lol

All my skills on the recording side of thing are not so special and everything I have now I have learnt here mostly  (think Ive been over 10 years now).
I just find it weird and exciting... that I suddenly decide to do a country cover version and people liked it.  Thats a big kick to be honest.

I shared it on here... to try and encourage people...   not that I want to be big headed or anything..
Its like sharing with your family.

So if I do come across as being stuck up my own *****...  if you could meet me in person you would know I'm not like that.
Not a good writer or an educated man..  but am educated in lives "hard school" and proud of it.

As I said I will go through a lot of the songs that people have posted up and make comments.
Thanks again everyone and you can say anything to me as it takes a lot to get me offended.

Garyxxx

Hello Gary, thanks for sharing all that info.  I am the kind of person who likes to know more about the people I like.  Your sharing adds to my appreciation of who you are, what you are doing, and why you are excited (as you should be.)

I would never imagine you to be "stuck up on your own """""  You have never come across like that in any of your posts.  Before this I always thought of you as the kind of guy that would make a great friend, and I believe that even more now, after you shared your story. 

I would praise you even more for being a Foster Parent to six kids!  I work with a lot of Foster Children, and they have special needs that only special people can address.  I think you should get an award just for that.  In my life, my music pales to the work I do with Children, and I would guess that you too would say "successfully raising six Foster Children means more than anything."

So although what I said in my previous post may have been a bit misconstrued, as all written word is won't to do, I am a little bit glad that it  compelled to share your life story.  That's why I like to shop at the Farmers Market, I get to meet the people who planted the seed, tended the rows, chased away the crows,  and harvested the food I will use to sustain me. I also feel the same way about the music I listen too.

And Gary, your story gave me pause, and reaffirmed my belief that I am surrounded by remarkable people.

I am sorry if I came across as rude, because you really have every reason to be happy and to shout it out loud.

Peace my friend!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2019 at 10:45 AM, Jesse Screed said:

sorry if I came across as rude,

I didn't read it as rude either Jesse.

Great stories here. Thanks for sharing people!!

Does feel like a family don't it!! : )