Sonokinetic Sale - up to 71% off

Amicus717

I'm seeing a discrepency between the price listed on the sale page, and what is in my cart, however. I've already contacted Sonokinetic about it...

Yan, I'd be curious if you are seeing the same thing. My sale page price is €376,86, but this is the price actually in my cart €628.75

Edited by Amicus717

3 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

There goes De Capo for like $100. I used to want it but then forgot about it sort of. Is that the lowest price it will likely ever get? 

I don't recall seeing it any lower than this. That's a pretty great price. 

I have it, and it's a pretty good library for what it is - by that, I mean it's a great sketching library, and also a nice accessory library to Sonokinetic's phrase-based ones. It's recorded in the same hall with the same players, I believe, so it blends with the loops pretty seamlessly.

I use it for both of the above purposes, and I also like the sound of the high strings when the mod wheel is dialed in low - they have a certain quiet sheen that I like, and I use them in my template as a kind of sordino articulation. 

Da Capo's got some weird limitations, though. The instrument note range is a bit tighter than I'd like for the strings (they don't go as high as you'd expect), and the brass has no trumpets, which I always thought was pretty strange; it's just tubas/trombones and french horns. There are legatos for the strings, brass and woodwinds, but the transitions are really subtle and understated. The woodwinds are breathy in the middle range, and I'd hesitate to leave them exposed in the mix or arrangement. The percussion samples sound nice, but the instrument selection is limited -- just the very basics, from bass drum and timps to snares, toms and cymbals.  It's enough to work with for very basic drafts and test arrangements.

So for sketching, or adding some orchestral vibe behind a prog rock tracks, or similiar, I think Da Capo is a pretty good product. If you're planning on doing any hardcore orchestral work, you'll want more. 

• Thanks 2