(Maybe a deal) Riffstation Pro is still free!

abacab

29 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

…..or not….😆. At least for me, click through  gets an error message.

Huh? Click through what? I posted the live download link at Filehorse, and it worked today > https://www.filehorse.com/download-riffstation/

That Techradar download link is old, and probably no good any longer. Just posted that article for background info.

Edited by abacab

12 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Yeah, I thought you were referring to the Techrader article.  I’ve had issues with filehorse in the past, so I’ll defer on that. YMMV

It's all good. I am also a bit sketchy of 3rd party file download sites. But I didn't want to post any recommendations that might be risky.

So I matched up the downloaded file from Filehorse with the file that I archived over 4 years ago, and the file hash is a match up. That means that current Filehorse download file is an exact bit for bit duplicate of the original file that I had archived.

Then, just to double check, I sent the file hash to VirusTotal, where 66 antivirus engines agree it is all clean>>> https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/dfb160aa56b14d6ff5b3ba5ab6d7ca33137444886b67a02ddbe0dba3888ae676/detection

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheSteven said:

An oldie but a goody.

I mentioned Riffstation here mainly in case anyone who wasn't around here 4 years ago may have missed it.

Riffstation was mentioned in the other thread as a solution for somebody just wanting a "slow down" button for practicing songs, who really didn't wish to pay for deCoda. Perfect for that!

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the chord recognition in Riffstation, because I have seen it miss at times. I suspect that deCoda may be more accurate because of the more modern algorithms in use. And zPlane's likely to have an edge there... :)

The Riffstation online help file no longer seems to be available, but not really a big deal, because it has is a mostly intuitive GUI.

Here is a short video overview of the features:

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I noticed that about 30 seconds after starting it for the first time. Jam Master? Riff Builder? I guess I'll find out how to work it via YouTube!

I think the video above covers just about everything you need to know, except for some experience by trial & error...

• Like 1