Been asking and questioned this forever.

Will.

Question

Why doesn't the gain knobs move all the way down when set to different dB levels when you hold down Ctrl+Drag down - like how the volume sliders do when you want to reset the faders to zero with quick grouping? You often want to reset a few gain knobs with a quick CTRL+Dragging down and double click to reset them back to zero, but they never do with quick group. Instead they add the difference in +dB when you hold down Ctrl and do a double click. This shortcut works great with the volume sliders, but its as if it is broken with the gain knobs.

Don't involve mix recall please. Leave her alone! 🤣

Edited by Will.

1 hour ago, David Baay said:

Yes , I understand; no need to shout.

Leave these millennial morse codes alone. 🤣

😂 Who ever said caps lock are a way of shouting  was drunk and probably high on drugs too. 🤣 I apologise if you feel I was. 

The use of an exclamation (!) mark would have told you I was shouting, but I did not use any. I'm not shouting. I was merely emphasizing the topic in discussion and even stressed it out in bold caps as a way of expression.

Edited by Will.

Sorry for my confusion. I couldn't reproduce the OP's issue because I had Audio & MIDI tracks in the same group and for whatever reason, MIDI track behavior overrides Audio track behavior within the same group.

They are different:  (This may be why they shouldn't be in the same group).

1. Grouped Audio VolumeSend Volume, and Bus Input Gain will all return to "INF" when one knob is moved there, as Will said.

2. Grouped MIDI Volume, Pans, and Track Input Gain will not all return to "INF" when one knob is moved there, maybe because they don't use "INF" but instead use a fixed numerical value? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This must be by design for a reason not mentioned in the docs.

Edited by sjoens

17 hours ago, Will. said:

I'm not shouting. I was merely emphasizing the topic in discussion and even stressed it out in bold caps as a way of expression.

No sweat. I prefer to see/use italics for emphasis or maybe a few bold, lowercase words, and no more than one exclamation point. ;^)