MIDI notes display limit

Hello. I remember reading some time ago about an option in Cakewalk, that would limit MIDI notes being displayed in Piano Roll view only to a selected MIDI clip. I mean a scenario in which no other MIDI notes from the same track would be visible on either side, except the ones from selected MIDI clip. I this even possible? I've been looking for this functionality in manual and in the GUI. 

The PRV works on the track level, so whilst you can limit the view to a single track, you can't do this easily at the clip level.

The only way I can see to do this is to mute all the other clips on the track using clip mute (i.e. use the "k" shortcut ), and ensure "Hide Muted Clips" is checked in the PRV View menu. Note that clip mute is not the same as muting the take lane.

6 hours ago, msmcleod said:

The PRV works on the track level, so whilst you can limit the view to a single track, you can't do this easily at the clip level.

The only way I can see to do this is to mute all the other clips on the track using clip mute (i.e. use the "k" shortcut ), and ensure "Hide Muted Clips" is checked in the PRV View menu. Note that clip mute is not the same as muting the take lane.

Thank you for clarifying this topic and for proposed workaround. 

9 hours ago, sjoens said:

You can also slip edit the ends of a clip to hide and silence notes in Track View & PRV.

When muting a clip with "Hide Muted Clips" not checked, PRV displays the notes white-ish gray.

Thank you for these ideas. Both workarounds msmcleod's and yours mean additional steps in the workflow. I think it will just be easier to accept PRV functionality as it is. The thing is that I'm used to working with separate clips (Ableton Live), so I was looking for the same behavior. 

Fit Content command in PRV doesn't always work the way I would expect it to. Actually it often displays the notes I don't want to work with at the moment. That's how this whole venture started for me. If Fit Content would always focus on the MIDI notes in the currently selected clip, it would be great. 

Edited by Michal Ochedowski