(Not a deal) Venus Theory - Leaving (for a while)

abacab

He is an amazing content creator. When you have been cranking out the videos like he has been doing, I can understand the need to take a break. Your emotional bandwidth can really take a beating without those periodic respites.

I took one of those days today and it was extraordinarily fun! Oh, yeah and lots of screaming (the good kind)!

D1977CCF-80AF-431B-9736-2C3AFD53E044.thumb.jpeg.e3908765193f23a3a29f3fa7e5dafe21.jpeg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, kevin H said:

First Larry, then Cameron…always comes in threes…

Well now that you mention it.......

I have decided that I'm going to take a break from attention seeking because I'm fed up with all the attention and also the lack of it.

I'm going to spend my time off making a series of videos on how not to seek attention and will post them on a day by day basis as soon as they are finished. Unfortunately none of you non attention payers will ever see them, but that is your loss. I don't need the attention of people who are not paying attention. I'm only interested in people who are paying attention and to those people I would like to say...........just leave me alone will you ? 

• Haha 9

I wrote him when I saw this in his feed the other day. Time away is not selfish - it’s self-care. 

I don’t understand the grind of a streamer/content creator. So much work to create a product but YOU are the product. That doesn’t scale well and is very vulnerable to outside forces such as illness or your platform changing the rules. The fact that when he returns the algorithms will ding him for his absence is case in point. 

His videos are some of the best out there but I wonder if there’s a way he can apply his talents in a manner that can generate revenue in a more durable way. What he did for Spirfire recently is amazin and I’d love to see him get his own libraries out there. 

Cameron is a gifted dude and I hope he finds a balance in his life. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

@Simeon Amburgey, joyful noise!

I love wooden roller coasters. Which one is it? Smaller than Thunder Run. Looks like a park on the smaller side....but not Hoosier Hurricane or The Legend.....hmmm.

This was a long shot of The Beast at King’s Island, possibly my number one coaster, it was amazing! They had retracked some sections which made the ride so much fun! I was able to get a couple of rides, one in the rain. There is nothing like a raindrop hitting you at over 60mph!!! Front seat all the way! You can be sure there were a lot of joyful noises and then some 😂

I also rode Diamondback for the first time, and that is a story all on its own!

We need to take a trip to Holiday World, some very nice coasters there. I love their new Thunderbird!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, smallstonefan said:

I wrote him when I saw this in his feed the other day. Time away is not selfish - it’s self-care. 

I don’t understand the grind of a streamer/content creator. So much work to create a product but YOU are the product. That doesn’t scale well and is very vulnerable to outside forces such as illness or your platform changing the rules. The fact that when he returns the algorithms will ding him for his absence is case in point. 

His videos are some of the best out there but I wonder if there’s a way he can apply his talents in a manner that can generate revenue in a more durable way. What he did for Spirfire recently is amazin and I’d love to see him get his own libraries out there. 

Cameron is a gifted dude and I hope he finds a balance in his life. 

You are so right on 'the grind'. I hate that term and that mindset. And it doesn't only apply to streamer/content creators. There is this weird entrepeneur culture where  I live where they do exactly the same. Proud to do 80+ hours a week. The obligatory selfie at 3 am for the insta. You see it in beatmakers on youtube. The "I made 736 beats in 84 hours straight" videos. The need to 'hustle', whatever that may be. It doesn't impress. But it gives a wrong message to newcomers who think they have to at least match that. Forgetting that they are not competing. That doesn't mean you don't have to work hard or put in the hours to be succesful, but working hard/long hours shouldn't be the goal on itself.

I think you hit the nail on the head, they don't create a product or service, they turn themselves into a product. If that's your goal, fine, go ahead. But don't pretend it is anything else. You are not producing music, you are producing a producer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

You are so right on 'the grind'. I hate that term and that mindset. And it doesn't only apply to streamer/content creators. There is this weird entrepeneur culture where  I live where they do exactly the same. Proud to do 80+ hours a week. The obligatory selfie at 3 am for the insta. You see it in beatmakers on youtube. The "I made 736 beats in 84 hours straight" videos. The need to 'hustle', whatever that may be. It doesn't impress. But it gives a wrong message to newcomers who think they have to at least match that.

But for musicians it may take a bit of hustle to break out. Recall that the Beatles worked 8 days a week, especially in their early club days before they became famous.