FREE! Very nice Wurli electric piano library for the FREE Decent Sampler.

PavlovsCat

I loooove the sound of the Wurlitzer electric piano AKA the Wurli. My mother was a musician and music teacher who worked for Wurlitzer and we had one in our music room growing up and I absolutely loved it -- and still love the sound of it today. Consequently, I own several Wurlitzer sample libraries and had to download this freebie when I came across it on Pianobook. Its creator calls it the WörliTzer. What I found is that the musician who sampled it did a really good job and there are several very nice presets.   Even better, for folks who don't own KONTAKT and those on a tight budget, the library is formatted for the free Decent Sampler. So everyone can enjoy this. 

https://www.pianobook.co.uk/packs/wrlitzer/

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Even better, for folks who don't own KONTAKT and those on a tight budget, the library is formatted for the free Decent Sampler. So everyone can enjoy this. 

That's a big plus! :)

I always enjoyed the Wurli sound in ancient Supertramp tracks!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

I tried it and it's nice, but then I played my Wurlitzer by 8DIO and it's a total different level. 

8Dio sometimes has sales and you can get it for 30 Dollars. It's worth it. The same can be said about their Rhodes. Both are wonderful and very versatile (many Velocity Layers!!) 

Edited by Peter Hintze

35 minutes ago, Peter Hintze said:

I tried it and it's nice, but then I played my Wurlitzer by 8DIO and it's a total different level. 

8Dio sometimes has sales and you can get it for 30 Dollars. It's worth it. The same can be said about their Rhodes. Both are wonderful and very versatile (many Velocity Layers!!) 

KONTAKT is my go to sampler, and being a huge Wurli fan, I have contemplated whether to pick up 8Dio's Wurli KONTAKT library  or their SoundPaint version, which is only $20 USD.  If anyone has the SoundPaint version, I'd love to get their input. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I love that old stuff, and also Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, The Beatles, The Faces, Queen, Pink Floyd... All Wurli users. 

I agree! But until I saw Supertramp in concert, all those others were "just" electric pianos to me. That's when It dawned on me that Wurli sound was unique.

My mother had an organ at home, and most of the rest of us were brass or woodwind players.

2 hours ago, Peter Hintze said:

The same can be said about their Rhodes.

For the Rhodes sound, you really need to check out the "Famous E" from Orange Tree Samples. It is a sampled Rhodes unit that was at one time one of the most popular electric piano rentals in the LA studio scene, used by numerous producers and session players.  https://www.orangetreesamples.com/products/the-famous-e-electric-piano

"For Leeds Musical Instrument Rentals in North Hollywood, it was just a simple method of cataloging their instruments by stenciling letters on the cases of the electric pianos. One of their electric pianos in particular took notice by producers and session players, the one marked with the letter “E”. It wasn’t long before the “E” became one of the most highly sought-after electric pianos in the LA studio scene in the ‘70s and ‘80s, being featured in countless hit songs and albums. It got to the point where the “E” had to be scheduled months in advance for tracking dates.

Its sound is remarkable: the low end is clear and defined, and it has a sweet, bell-like tone in the register an octave above middle C. The inventor of the electric piano himself referred to the “E” as the best electric piano he had ever heard.

Until now, the “E” model electric piano has never been sampled before."

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I love that old stuff, and also Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, The Beatles, The Faces, Queen, Pink Floyd... All Wurli users. 

You summed up  might thoughts too :D    especially on Mr. Charles!

3 hours ago, abacab said:

I agree! But until I saw Supertramp in concert, all those others were "just" electric pianos to me. That's when It dawned on me that Wurli sound was unique.

My mother had an organ at home, and most of the rest of us were brass or woodwind players.

My mother was a piano/organ and guitar teacher and taught me piano and guitar and sent me to another teacher for organ, and another private teacher (who ended up being in a pretty famous band and has some gold records to show for it) for drums in addition to my school band teachers . I must admit, I found playing snare drum boring in the school band and loved it when I had the opportunity to play glockenspiel much more.  But how much does it date yourself to say you took organ lessons? We had a baby grand, a Wurli electric piano, organ guitars, my drums, percussion, my harmonicas and other instruments around the house when I was a kid. It was a total musician's playground and when I got hold of a multitrack  reel-to-reel recorder it was even more fun .Speaking of instruments really dating a person, while my brother's main instrument was guitar, he also took accordion lessons, and I think those are even more dated than organ lessons. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

44 minutes ago, lawajava said:

I particularly use Sonicouture’s Broken Wurli.  Not free, not necessarily low cost although sales do occur.

A terrific sounding Wurli - even including the torn speaker mode.  Very Supertramp sounding, or Steely Dan.

I've seen a lot of accolades for that library. I'm definitely going to be watching for sales. SonicCouture are superb. I created this thread because I  was excited that this one was free and accessible to everyone, but if this turned into a thread with a bunch of recommendations on great Wurli libraries and plugins, no one would enjoy it more than me!

RWhat’s the trick here?

I can’t seem to create an account .

I tried checking for lost password but it refuses any of my email addresses here too.

Any suggestions?

edit:

Never mind. Finally worked after the 15-20th attempt?

Edited by Keni

Unbelievable!

I'm still having login trouble. I managed to login finally after 20 or so attempts last night (from my ipad). Now trying to login from my pc repeatedly fails? I hope their' software is easier to use than their' website!

Now the site has locked me out due to the number of login attempts.... This is......... difficult!

Edited by Keni

4 hours ago, abacab said:

Gotta say, that Worlitzer is a nice find! :)

Decent sampler is also worth checking out, along with other available free libraries for it at Pianobook!

yes, Pianobook is addictive. Besides Google and a news website, itts my most visited site. every 3 or 4 days i check if there are new libraries.. ;)

I guess my situation here is quite uniqe. I hear no one else going through the difficulties I have so far. Right now I'm waiting for them to unlock logins for me. They don't say how long and I suspect every time I attempt as a test resets the flag.... <sigh>...

I love Wurlis! I've been using mostly Lounge Lizard. It's not bad but has some quirks and not the fattest Wulri I've worked with... I'm really looking forward to checking this one out!

Someday?

1 hour ago, Keni said:

I guess my situation here is quite uniqe. I hear no one else going through the difficulties I have so far. Right now I'm waiting for them to unlock logins for me. They don't say how long and I suspect every time I attempt as a test resets the flag.... <sigh>...

I love Wurlis! I've been using mostly Lounge Lizard. It's not bad but has some quirks and not the fattest Wulri I've worked with... I'm really looking forward to checking this one out!

Someday?

Ordinarily I would say it's likely related to your browser or the web protection in your AV, and to try disabling all browser ad blockers and add-ons. Since you have tried both your iPad and your PC, I doubt there is anything in common there.

Something may be interfering with the scripting on their website. Or your IP address may be on a blacklist that their web host is protecting themselves with. Are you using a VPN by any chance?

10 minutes ago, abacab said:

Ordinarily I would say it's likely related to your browser or the web protection in your AV, and to try disabling all browser ad blockers and add-ons. Since you have tried both your iPad and your PC, I doubt there is anything in common there.

Something may be interfering with the scripting on their website. Or your IP address may be on a blacklist that their web host is protecting themselves with. Are you using a VPN by any chance?

Thanks. I thought of that too. But no AV on the ipad. Might have been ok on the pc, but my frustration drove me to too many rapid login attempts at which time I got locked out. The only info regarding the lockout duration was very non-defined. So I tried after 15 minutes, then an hour, now I’m waiting 24 hrs. Very frustrating.

No VPN here...

57 minutes ago, Keni said:

Thanks. I thought of that too. But no AV on the ipad. Might have been ok on the pc, but my frustration drove me to too many rapid login attempts at which time I got locked out. The only info regarding the lockout duration was very non-defined. So I tried after 15 minutes, then an hour, now I’m waiting 24 hrs. Very frustrating.

No VPN here...

Hmmm... very strange! Good luck! It must be your email address they are locking up.

4 minutes ago, abacab said:

Hmmm... very strange! Good luck! It must be your email address they are locking up.

My guess too. I can open the website and all is there. I can open the login screen, but hitting enter with my credentials gives me the lockout screen.

This is a new situation for me. Other than selecting passwords, nothing like this has ever happened before.

At last! A new type of experience! 👽

• Haha 1