City Girls

garybrun

Gary
Professional caliber performance again.
I've listened to some "today's" country music on a local radio station and it all seems bland to me.
What you're singing seems to be country music from maybe 60's-80's (?) which has melody and a lot of character to it.

Sorry, this is way more Waylon or Merle than it is Chris Issac. :)

Holy crap this is great. Love that big full yet controlled mix. MAybe just a hair less reverb on the vocal, and your "quiet aside" vocal parts are getting swamped, can't hear them.

This is old-time country that would have killed 40 years ago. That tele tone - please tell me you are playing it for real - is absolutely spot on.

AWESOME JOB on 'murican country, I don't care where you are from. Nice job!

cheers,

-Tom

Unbelievable vertical curve from Simond's song to this !!! ... I'm thinking you found another band and recording studio ... The mix of instruments are something else .... Knock out production in every way ...Godd'a think you were playing us all along .......

Excellent work Gary

Steve

Oh, I really like this ! I'm no country expert, but I hear Johnny Cash. That guitar is the hook, and made me come back for a few more listens.

There's a spoken part in the middle that could be clearer with less reverberation, but other than that, it feels great . . . very well done.

• Thanks 1

Agreed on the little too much reverb. But on the second listen it didn't sound as much as I thought on the first listen!! So, go figure!!

Your doing a fine job mixing the backing trks. They sound clean and clear.  And another outstanding vocal performance! 

• Like 1

I liked it before Gary, but listening to it again after you made the adjustments, I can hear your words much more clearly, but it still sounds good with the amount of reverb you got on it.

• Like 1