ccLarry's Secret Deal Resource

PavlovsCat

Since Larry hasn't posted in a long time and may not return, I thought I'd share the Facebook group that Larry and I are in where he got many of his deal posts from. 

Even then, Larry had discount codes that these posts often don't have. <Sigh.> If you're out there Larry and see this,  it is definitely NOT a replacement for you, just a valuable resource for our fellow deal loving friends. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/plugindeals/?ref=share

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Thanks for sharing our groups and lists. I hope Larry is ok. ❤️

The Plugin Reseller Price Check only went live yesterday so that got out quickly! It is intended as a complement to the ULTIMATE Plugin Deals List, which has all the deals direct from devs and some resellers from a different database.

The price check is still in beta and there are some duplicate entries to clean up and one whole reseller left to connect up but all the code behind it seems solid... only took three months working with two very skilled coders to get here.

Now the backbone is there we will start looking at adding more useful features to this tool.  I'll do an official post when I feel we can stop calling it "beta". 🙂

PS. We also have a fairly new Plugin Deals Subreddit as a mirror of the FB group for people who don't like FB. It's pretty comprehensive. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, stusmithmusic said:

The Plugin Reseller Price Check only went live yesterday so that got out quickly! It is intended as a complement to the ULTIMATE Plugin Deals List, which has all the deals direct from devs and some resellers from a different database.

The price check is still in beta and there are some duplicate entries to clean up and one whole reseller left to connect up but all the code behind it seems solid... only took three months working with two very skilled coders to get here.

Now the backbone is there we will start looking at adding more useful features to this tool.  I'll do an official post when I feel we can stop calling it "beta". 🙂

PS. We also have a fairly new Plugin Deals Subreddit as a mirror of the FB group for people who don't like FB. It's pretty comprehensive. 😁

Larry's fine. He's very prolifically posting on Facebook. He's just not posting here lately and he was pretty much responsible for the vast majority of threads here.  Hopefully,  it's just a vacation that he'll return from. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, stusmithmusic said:

The reseller price check looks good! 

PS. I know you're just in Beta, but the Best Service prices (on Kuassa) aren't correct.  :)

• Thanks 1

I am also a member of Stu's facebook group and  it is a great resource as are the reddit lists and even KVR's Bargain Center, but I much prefer the format and the community of this forum. I like that each deal gets its own topic . It makes it much easier for me to skip the discussion of deals for which I have no interest. The community here,  on the whole, is much more civil and the ratio of "this software sucks" comments to actual useful information is far higher. And even though Larry post occasionally to KVR and th FB deals group, none of them have the Larry we know and love.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Luc said:

Also https://www.reddit.com/r/AudioProductionDeals/

Though nothing compares to right here when Larry is around.

Happy deal searching!

Thanks for the mention. It's currently run by my manager while I'm working on a film score but I'm still very present in the process.

Like many others, we're also working on a new, game changing website that will turn the industry upside down. /s It should be up shortly. We want to make sure everything is working properly before we launch so there are no unnecessary surprises. I'll be sure to post when it's up.

Edited by Batwaffel
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

8 hours ago, Fleer said:

Yeah, I find reddit quite unwieldy. 

It can be, sometimes, what with the odd toxicity and/or vendettas and such (you'll see some posts about power-hungry moderators, toxic communities but that's usually referencing a community outside of but possibly including the Reddit portion of that community, etc) but overall I find it better than other social media by a mile.

I also think places like the lounge are actually very wholesome and I guess "wieldy" :) which is why I have Premium for my personal account.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Batwaffel said:

Edited

@BatwaffelYou deleted your post completely unprovoked harassing/taunting and bullying posts directed at a very friendly member of this forum. I don't know you, but I loathe bullying and those who engage in such behavior and was contemplating reporting your posts harassing a fellow forum member. I would strongly urge everyone to avoid this person's Reddit. We don't need to reward that kind of behavior. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

It can be, sometimes, what with the odd toxicity and/or vendettas and such (you'll see some posts about power-hungry moderators, toxic communities but that's usually referencing a community outside of but possibly including the Reddit portion of that community, etc) but overall I find it better than other social media by a mile.

I also think places like the lounge are actually very wholesome and I guess "wieldy" :) which is why I have Premium for my personal account.

Yeah, I’m trying to find my way, as I believe Reddit is actually quite interesting indeed. 

2 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

@BatwaffelYou deleted your post completely unprovoked harassing/taunting and bullying posts directed at a very friendly member of this forum. I don't know you, but I loathe bullying and those who engage in such behavior and was contemplating reporting your posts harassing a fellow forum member. I would strongly urge everyone to avoid this person's Reddit. We don't need to reward that kind of behavior. 

His post was an obvious shot fired at me for various reasons. I fired back. In fact, the reason I took it down was because I was sending a DM to try to bury the hatchet. Unfortunately, he does not accept DMs so... *shrug*

If he wants to talk out our issues we obviously have with each other, I'm open to it. He knows where to find me.

Edited by Batwaffel
  • Like 1
  • Meh 1

I've offered to bury the hatchet multiple times, funny you now play it this way in public when someone else notices you have some beef with IK/me.  I accept PMs here, I get them all the time.  You know how to reach me via the multiple other ways I've tried to communicate in the past if they're not working here.

That aside, this is clogging the thread and I apologize.  I would love to see Larry back but I also know that he has every right to take a break if he felt things were a bit toxic even if to some of us it might read differently or whatever, I can see why he felt a bit overwhelmed/frustrated/whatever about those posts.  I also recommend breaks from Facebook but if he's flourishing there and that works for him, power to Larry for that.  I always enjoyed communicating with him (including via PM) here.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Batwaffel said:

His post was an obvious shot fired at me for various reasons. I fired back. In fact, the reason I took it down was because I was sending a DM to try to bury the hatchet. Unfortunately, he does not accept DMs so... *shrug*

I didn't witness Peter engaged in bullying and taunting. There's always an excuse by people who routinely engage in bad behavior for their behavior. I don't know you or your history with Peter, but 20+ years of managing digital marketing-- including social media-- tells me you engaged in cyber bullying and Peter didn't, whatever rationalization you want to make for your bad behavior.  Try owning up to a mistake, apologize and do better. I'm not going to say anything further other than I was really sickened by your behavior and think you deserve to get a lifetime ban from this forum. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

2 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I've offered to bury the hatchet multiple times, funny you now play it this way in public when someone else notices you have some beef with IK/me.  I accept PMs here, I get them all the time.  You know how to reach me via the multiple other ways I've tried to communicate in the past if they're not working here.

That aside, this is clogging the thread and I apologize.  I would love to see Larry back but I also know that he has every right to take a break if he felt things were a bit toxic even if to some of us it might read differently or whatever, I can see why he felt a bit overwhelmed/frustrated/whatever about those posts.  I also recommend breaks from Facebook but if he's flourishing there and that works for him, power to Larry for that.  I always enjoyed communicating with him (including via PM) here.

I tried to send one and it said you do not accept them. None the less, I do apologize for the public shot. Our issues are not public ones though understand I did feel you were intentionally making a shot at my community. Please send me a DM here since it's obviously an issue for me to send one and I'll respond.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I didn't witness Peter engaged in bullying and taunting. There's always an excuse by people who routinely engage in bad behavior for their behavior. I don't know you or your history with Peter, but 20+ years of managing digital marketing-- including social media-- tells me you engaged in cyber bullying and Peter, whatever rationalization you want to make for your bad behavior.  Try owning up to a mistake, apologize and do better. I'm not going to say anything further other than I was really sickened by your behavior and think you deserve to get a lifetime ban from this forum. 

No, you're right. I was in the wrong for making that public. I've been considering removing the ban on their company for a while and what I felt was a shot towards our community made me make a bad judgment call and I accept that.