Brother Jon

Hidden Symmetry

A change of pace from my usual material, another Cakewalk project from an old hardrive I found yesterday. Remixed on my laptop in cans for this demo.

BTW these older Cake projects are opening & working fine in the latest versions of CbB. I thought there might be issues but all's well so far ! -Hope you enjoy it.

• Like 3

So much to like here: drums, guitar, vocals, BGVs, unexpected chord changes to name but a few and great chops all round.

Incredible mix - sounds brilliant on cans - and I absolutely adore that animated AKAI reel to reel - wonderful!

Andy

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

So much to like here: drums, guitar, vocals, BGVs, unexpected chord changes to name but a few and great chops all round.

Incredible mix - sounds brilliant on cans - and I absolutely adore that animated AKAI reel to reel - wonderful!

Andy

Thanks Andy,  glad the mix is working for you. It was tracked pretty badly to start with, maybe the r2r helps!

On 8/14/2022 at 5:11 PM, AndyB01 said:

Andy

Thanks for the feedback Andy, glad the mix is working for you.  Some of the gtr. tracks were recorded in dual mono (forgot why I did it that way) The left side of some were accidentally deleted so I had be creative mixing it down!

21 hours ago, STEVE POOLE said:

Must have had a few bob back in the day m8 .. production and sound seems very 60ish ? not sure if I'm aging you, so sorry if I am ..  great song very clean. Is it bad of me to have AKAI envy ....

ATB

Steve

Thanks Steve, I never owned an Akai either, just this free video I found online!

• Haha 1

Yeah, the harmony vocals have a 60s tone quality, and everything else is very slick, as mentioned above like Steely Dan. Love the pizzicato strings, nicely played and placed. Electric piano is smooth. Very nice!

So when was this originally recorded?

Edited by Barry Seymour
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2022 at 8:10 PM, Barry Seymour said:

Yeah, the harmony vocals have a 60s tone quality, and everything else is very slick, as mentioned above like Steely Dan. Love the pizzicato strings, nicely played and placed. Electric piano is smooth. Very nice!

So when was this originally recorded?

Many thanks Barry, I wrote/ recorded this tune around 2001.