issues update 2002/06

lapasoa

After I've installed update 2002/06 I start Bus view and if I want to name a new bus suddenly control bar disappears and I have minor issues and I cannot do anything.

Also if I add a new track I cannot record several times until that's fine.

No good.

I want to back to update 2002/05. What can I do?

Edited by lapasoa

The typing names in the box has gotten many people over time. You “think” the name box is in focus and you start typing. But your not typing a word, you are typing keyboard shortcuts and Cakewalks screen goes bonkers.
You obviously typed “C” which hides / shows the control bar. 

Close the project and reopen to reset or change your workspace. 
Your other issues might be related to what ever other keyboard shortcuts you typed. 

Edited by Cactus Music
  • Like 2

The only way to make the Control Bar go away is by hiding it via the "c" shortcut. Accidental keystrokes happen to the best of us. Shift + C will toggle the mini control bar too...

You could always save a layout with Workspaces as well if you wanted a fall back point (aside from the factory Workspaces).

4 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

The only way to make the Control Bar go away is by hiding it via the "c" shortcut. Accidental keystrokes happen to the best of us. Shift + C will toggle the mini control bar too...

You could always save a layout with Workspaces as well if you wanted a fall back point (aside from the factory Workspaces).

Funny he said he didn’t do this but anyone with long time Cakewalk experience has done exactly this a dozen times. There’s really only that one way I know of to make the Control bar disappear.  It’s most certainly nothing to do with an update. 

As far as I can tell the latest update is that much more stable than all the previous versions. It’s a shame when there is pilot error involved and peoples first reaction is to re install Cakewalk or roll back. It’s 99% of the time totally unnecessary.  

As far as accidentally typing when the dialogue box looses focus, When I do this I always re- type the word to re toggle the stuff back to where it was. If that doesn’t work I just reload my workspace. 

Edited by Cactus Music