zplane’s deCoda for 29$

satya

1 hour ago, ALC said:

I have deCoda LE.  The upgrade on the vendor site (after logging in) shows up as $33.75.  I wonder if there’s an upgrade being sold (at a discount) anywhere.

$33 at PIB according to this site, but actually $29.74 when I add it to PIB cart. Then if you have any Virtual Cash you could go lower... :)

https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/?searchbox=decoda&price_from=0&price_to=9999

Edited by abacab

2 hours ago, abacab said:

$33 at PIB according to this site, but actually $29.74 when I add it to PIB cart. Then if you have any Virtual Cash you could go lower... :)

https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/?searchbox=decoda&price_from=0&price_to=9999

I’m seeing $33 in cart at PiB.

It seems no retailers are selling an upgrade from LE (which should cost even less).  I wonder why.  Maybe the publisher isn’t offering it.

29 minutes ago, ALC said:

I’m seeing $33 in cart at PiB.

It seems no retailers are selling an upgrade from LE (which should cost even less).  I wonder why.  Maybe the publisher isn’t offering it.

Hmmm... that's weird. It says "your price = $29.77 (including tax)", but it bumps up to $33 if I actually put it in the cart!

I already own it, so I'm not about to complete this purchase. But still very weird!

I thought this might be a time-saver for learning new songs for the band, but I was unable to purchase using PayPal. Says "Developer Error: Something went wrong".

Clearly, some serious thought went into error handling when designing this site. I guess they're doing me a favor, forcing me to figure stuff out the old-fashioned way (trial-and-argue-with-the-drummer).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

I thought this might be a time-saver for learning new songs for the band, but I was unable to purchase using PayPal. Says "Developer Error: Something went wrong".

Clearly, some serious thought went into error handling when designing this site. I guess they're doing me a favor, forcing me to figure stuff out the old-fashioned way (trial-and-argue-with-the-drummer).

I bought it from PIB the last time it was on sale. PayPal always works for me at PIB. :)

Never bought anything at the Zplane site. Not on sale there, either.

I don't need to learn new songs for a band I'm not in, but it occurred to me that deCoda might be handy for ripping chord progressions from popular songs, to use in original works.

Can't copyright a chord progression, as far as I'm aware... :)

As long as the melody, bass line, and rhythm differ you should be OK.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, abacab said:

don't need to learn new songs for a band I'm not in

Agreed. However, there are certain songs that I never felt like I knew the correct way to play them. I faked it pretty dang good.

I have already used this to work on a couple of songs that seem so simple... but they are not. Much move involved than you would think. This keeps me in practice and invigorates me to play more. Which I hadn't done in the last few years.

• Like 3

Can any one tell me what version of DeCoda is up for sale at PluginBoutique?  I bought DeCoda a couple of years ago when it was sold by Zplane on the Zplane website.  That version was 1.2.2.  As far as I can tell, it is not for sale on the Zplane website at this point.  

I have a suspicion it is only version 1.3 at PiB, but I wanted to check.  I will ask sales support at zplane if I can upgrade since I already own an older version.  

This is what I found on the zPlane website:

DeCoda

Version 1.3

• Native M1 compatibility for Apple Silicon-equipped computers – NOTE: At the time of this writing, IK Multimedia AmpliTube is not yet fully M1 compatible. Our tests have shown that only the AU version of AmpliTube will work in deCoda when running natively on an M1 Mac.

• Enhanced contrast in Dark Mode

• Piano Roll stays aligned when using any size Chord Bar

so, not any big changes for me whilst I stay on my PC.  

No, I am not trying to Larry-ationize my number of posts in this forum, and I am not sure why i didn't see it before. 

But at the zPlane website, login to my account, there under Downloads is DeCoda 1.3.  

Great!  Looks like these minor updates are still available on the Zplane website!  

1 hour ago, balinas said:

Can any one tell me what version of DeCoda is up for sale at PluginBoutique?

Just to confirm, I bought zPlane deCode from Plugin Boutique a while back, and the latest download version that they offer me in my account is v1.3.0.

• Thanks 1

I demoed this yesterday and so far the only thing that this would offer to me is the ability to slow a song down. The chords were in the ballpark but the section detection was way off, not that I would find it useful even if it worked.

In your experience, is there a cheaper/better program/plugin for slowing songs down, or is this the best there is (at this price point) for that singular purpose? I have used Audacity in the past but the sound tends to get warbly and distorted even when slowed down only moderately. DeCoda kept it surprisinly clear even at around 1/3 of the original speed.

As an aside: I also tested Stagecraft Simple Stems and I was surprised how well it managed to separate different instruments. It wasn't even close to perfect, but good enough to make transcribing easier, in some cases significantly so. Often the problem for me is not the speed but some instruments getting drowned out by others. Bass is the most common victim.