Is there a way to minimize all tracks in TV?

Chance K

Question

8 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Base 57 said:

Cntrl+Up

Yeah, if you hold the up arrow key down everything will shrink to minimized. The problem is, the track arrow expand/contract toggles become useless until you manually stretch each track, or use Ctrl+Down to open EVERYTHING. 

I want to be able to restore any given track to its previous size with its track arrow after I've done a "minimize all".

12 minutes ago, D Chance Gold said:

The problem is, the track arrow expand/contract toggles become useless until you manually stretch each track, or use Ctrl+Down to open EVERYTHING. 

Or hit "F" to fit to screen or hit SHIFT+z twice to toggle Auto Track Zoom on and off.

5 hours ago, scook said:

Or hit "F" to fit to screen or hit SHIFT+z twice to toggle Auto Track Zoom on and off.

Okay, F gets me out of the hell of Ctrl+Up by opening all tracks, but not what I'm looking for. I just want to restore one track to its previous size. I wish there was a real "minimize all" cmd, after all these years I can't believe it's still not available. 

10 hours ago, scook said:

or hit SHIFT+z twice to toggle Auto Track Zoom on and off.

^^^^ Did you give this a try? It seems like this is what you are looking for... Auto Track Zoom basically remembers two track heights (selected and non-selected). With ATZ enabled, you can use the mouse to collapse ALL non-selected tracks to a height you prefer, and when you select a track, it expands to the "selected" height (also adjustable). When you select another track, it will shrink back to the non-selected track height automatically.

11 hours ago, mettelus said:

^^^^ Did you give this a try? It seems like this is what you are looking for... Auto Track Zoom basically remembers two track heights (selected and non-selected). With ATZ enabled, you can use the mouse to collapse ALL non-selected tracks to a height you prefer, and when you select a track, it expands to the "selected" height (also adjustable). When you select another track, it will shrink back to the non-selected track height automatically.

Yeah I gave that a try. It's OK for opening ONE track to its previous size, but disappearing the track expand/collapse buttons on every track is not at all what I'm looking for.