Quick way to create the stutter effect?

I've developed a plugin that does exactly that.  I created it for myself and have given it out for free.  You can download it here: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/lsgate-by-littlestudios.  Just click the download link to the right.  It can do some cool things, stutters, tremolo or create rhythmic patterns.  It syncs to the host and uses musical note values.  Let me know what you think or if you have any questions or if you have trouble getting it to work properly.  There's a user manual included in the .zip file that explains all the functions.

Edited by LittleStudios

Only in Cakewalk have I run into this issue.  Once you insert LSGate on a track go to the plugin properties as shown in the picture below:

1.jpg.41724bcfbf313f327660260634f2d290.jpg

Once the plugin properties dialog box opens, make sure the following check boxes are checked:

2.jpg.ccbfa86b12fad178e2958e600775f775.jpg

Once the prior steps have taken place, remove the plugin from the track and re-insert it.  This only needs to be done once and only once.  The plugin will function as expected from now on.

• 2 years later...

If you're after simple pulsating rhythms, as opposed to being sequenced, any tremolo plugin will do the trick. Create a bus, route all the tracks to it that you want to effect this way, and insert the effect on the bus. Meldaproduction has a free one that lets you morph the LFO waveform. Cakewalk's own Sonitus Modulator can do it, too.