FR: Loop Points

Will.

Haven't made a feature request in a while - been working mostly in Logic these days.

So my wish and request is as follow: The ability to draw in the "playback Loop points" within the timeline. I have searched and watched some vids on the tube and I believe most daws have this feature. It makes looping playback really easy.  

You can also do this with arranger sections.  

To simply playback any arranger section, just click the play button on the section within the arranger inspector.

To loop play a section, you've two choices:

1.  Select the section, then SHIFT+L to set the loop points to the section extents then play as normal
2.  Create a new arrangement using that section, and use the loop feature in arrangement inspector

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

You can also do this with arranger sections.  

Just tested this and it has some limitations to my workflow. It work to some degree, but not fully as requested. 

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

1.  Select the section, then SHIFT+L to set the loop points to the section.

This i'm well aware of. Now the request is based on this, but to let the highlight do the work for you instead of  highlight and Shift+L.

Another way would be to Hold down Ctrl+drag on the Timeline. 

Can mouse drag be assigned and be linked to another key as a shortcut? 🤔

Edited by Will.

3 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

That's what Markers are for. Keyboard shortcut <M>.

Nope. 

2 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

Or drag in the ruler then shift-space.

Know this one two. I've had problems with this one in the past. It doesn't always play all the tracks when pressing Shift+Space. I believe you have to repeat the steps every time you do a playback too? Not quite sure now. 

This is giving me an idea Can you choose mouse drag as a shortcut? 🤔

Edited by Will.