Bandlab cannot login

rwbvR

Question

When login to Bandlab, browser will redirect link to http://localhost:4342/, but it's not reachable.

There is no such service listening port 4342.

Firewall has set as allow the connection.

System:  Windows 10 21H1

5 answers to this question

The issues with the localhost. This is not a valid name. It should be the main bandlad domain or a sub-domain there of. Either the value LocalHost should have been replaced by a dynamic value from a config file when the login URL is build and displayed to the end user or some one has hard coded it.  Either way, it has nothing to do with firewalls.  

I have tried de-installing the software and re-installing and no change. I have now installed the newest version of BandLab assistance and it too is failing with the localhost URL.  At least the older version of Bandland Assistant let you log in to BandLab.  

Edited by Paul Levingstone

17 minutes ago, Paul Levingstone said:

The issues with the localhost. This is not a valid name. It should be the main bandlad domain or a sub-domain there of. Either the value LocalHost should have been replaced by a dynamic value from a config file when the login URL is build and displayed to the end user or some one has hard coded it.  Either way, it has nothing to do with firewalls.  

I have tried de-installing the software and re-installing and no change. I have now installed the newest version of BandLab assistance and it too is failing with the localhost URL.  At least the older version of Bandland Assistant let you log in to BandLab.  

The localhost address is the callback address for Cakewalk after successful login. 

Since Google removed OAuth support from browsers embedded in applications, this is how all OAuth based authentication works nowadays - i.e. the application launches a browser for the user to log in, then listens on localhost on a particular port for the final log in response.