Get 85% OFF Eventide Blackhole Reverb Plugin @ VSTBuzz

Sunraw

30 minutes ago, Craig N said:

Oh well. We didn't like plugins being Forever $29 so I guess I shouldn't complain about the overinflated retail price haha. Bargain! 

In fairness, this is definitely worth the $29 and that's all that matters really. I did pay less for it, but can definitely recommend it for $29 🙂

• Like 2

Would love to know how does this compares to Valhalla Supermassive or maybe VintageVerb...? 
Considering to get Blackhole and SP2016 together since they are on sale or just buying VintageVerb as the all-purpose reverb....

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

btw, you can get it cheaper at JRR shop with code GROUP ($24.36)

1 hour ago, Wallace Ng said:

Would love to know how does this compares to Valhalla Supermassive or maybe VintageVerb...? 
Considering to get Blackhole and SP2016 together since they are on sale or just buying VintageVerb as the all-purpose reverb....

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

btw, you can get it cheaper at JRR shop with code GROUP ($24.36)

I love SP2016 for an amazing and natural sounding reverb. It took a couple of sessions to really get it's sound, quite possibly because I'd been testing out their Blackhole reverb a lot at the time which can be crazy lush and over the top, but I reach for SP2016 a lot now. Even more than Vintage Verb lately, but they are quite different and hard to compare, so they both have a place.

All 3 are great reverbs and so different that I wouldn't want to be without any of them now 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blackhole is an amazing reverb! A no-brainer for sure on sale for $29, or less! It won't replace your conventional reverbs, but will give you a massive special FX tool!

A must have for out-of-this-world reverb. https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/eventide-blackhole

• "Cons: None, unless you're expecting realistic emulations of rooms and plates."
  • "The reverb controls on offer mix the familiar with the weird. The Mix, Size, High and Low EQ and Pre-delay parameters all do what you expect, but the Gravity knob is not quite so commonplace. It turns out to be the Blackhole's equivalent of decay time, but it also switches the algorithm from a conventional reverb in one half of its travel to a reverse-envelope type in the other. At no time does the reverb time ever get short enough to be termed modest!"

I also have the Eventide Shimmerverb. They make a nice pair. https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/eventide-shimmerverb

• "Essentially, it combines reverb with a dual pitch-shifter, delay and EQ, and it aims to replicate some of the more creative pitched-reverb techniques that were developed by studio engineers in the early 1980s, who used combinations of hardware. While some shimmer reverb effects rely on pitch-shifting the reverb tail, this one places pitch-shifters in the feedback loop, resulting in a more complex sound."
  • "ShimmerVerb creates a lush, smooth effect, and there's plenty of variation on offer. It sounds quite ethereal on guitar but it can also work magic on synths and even vocal sounds. Detuning the shifters opens up the possibility of subtle pitch-spiralling, which can make for a lovely, rich sound, while adding fourth or fifth intervals can also generate some interest. Add in some tempo-sync'ed delay and there's a wealth of shimmer sounds that will sit nicely alongside your rhythm tracks."
Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

hmmmm, purchased it, didn't think it would be my type of thing, but you never know.

Well . . . I did know, not my type of thing. At least I gave it a shot.

13 hours ago, Fleer said:

Or the verb of verbs, Zynaptiq Adaptiverb. 

Didn't think much of that either, bought it, due in no small part to yourself Mr Fleer, with all your waxing lyrical about it way back on the old forums, gave it a good whirl then let it sit and gather dust for a few years, gave it another whirl then sold it ☺️

I much prefer normal old type reverbs, which I have heaps of, these other newfangled, hippy trippin' verbs do nothing for me, not a dang thang.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, heath row said:

hmmmm, purchased it, didn't think it would be my type of thing, but you never know.

Well . . . I did know, not my type of thing. At least I gave it a shot.

Didn't think much of that either, bought it, due in no small part to yourself Mr Fleer, with all your waxing lyrical about it way back on the old forums, gave it a good whirl then let it sit and gather dust for a few years, gave it another whirl then sold it ☺️

I much prefer normal old type reverbs, which I have heaps of, these other newfangled, hippy trippin' verbs do nothing for me, not a dang thang.

I wouldn’t blame Fleer, but yeah…I hear ya. I have two or three verbs that do special effects,  but for what I do there’s no need to collect any more. Yeah, a tool, but on the list  of things I need to cover, would be one near the bottom of the box. For others it would be super useful…just not me.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, LAGinz said:

I wouldn’t blame Fleer,

No, I don't blame Fleer, I was just saying in jest, although true events, I'm fully accountable for what I do/purchase. Fleer is a upstanding old young chap, we had a bit of laugh about it back on the old forums. He surely loves that Adaptiverb, and Zynaptiq in general.

• Haha 1