"Likes" and "Plays"

Byron Dickens

Maybe you are making great music and 7 people liked it? 

I have found those numbers don't always line up. I was beginning to wonder if they had a deal with dominion.

YouTube, same thing. They plays vary when I know who listened to it.

In one version of SC you can look at the areas where the listens came from. I have that version but rarely use it.

I've just abandoned SC - too much spam and too many ads. On BL - every time I create a new upload it immediately gets about six or more likes and zero plays (go figure) 🤔

My conclusion: bots

I don't overthink it - one listen and constructive crit from someone on here who's opinion I value is worth a thousand anonymous likes from accounts that may not even be real.

Andy

• Great Idea 1

I also think about this, I wonder what being "played" actually means, same with youtube (number of views). Does the listener have to listen or watch for a certain period of time before it is counted as "played" or "viewed" or do they just need to click on it and listen/watch for a few seconds? Then that behavior is counted as a played or viewed.

• Great Idea 1

I have gotten likes almost immediately after posting. 

I believe the reason is to cause patrons to think there is some interest however small. In reality it's a bot.

This is to keep those who pay for version of SC paying. If no one ever listened a lot of people would just stop paying them. Only dummys like me keep paying because I am using it more as a storage medium.

The bots are usually very attractive and about 30 years younger than me.  I guess they really dig us old men.