Cakewalk Latency or Lag With Zoom U24 Audio Interface

Destire Soner

To those who have a similar problem with latency issues "feeling" more delay than it actually says, I found an odd solution that seemed to fix this problem. The reason I say this is because when using my WASAPI Exclusive drivers on my midi keyboard had a noticeably less lag than if I were to use my Zoom U24 Audio Interface.

To fix this, every time I open Cakewalk, I would close the start menu and open preferences. I'd go under Audio > Devices and uncheck all input and output drivers and hit Apply. Then I would check both again and hit Apply then Close. From there I can open any projects with a noticeably lower latency. Note, this also fixed my random audio dropouts and crackling noise.

I wasn't surprised to see some compatibility issues when using this on Cakewalk after seeing the Manual's tested DAWs didn't have Sonar in it. But after finding this weird fix, I hope to help other people who may have a similar issue with this Audio Interface or some other brands.

If anyone finds a permanent fix that would help us all please leave in your say

Edited by Destire Soner
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 7/1/2019 at 6:50 PM, Destire Soner said:

To fix this, every time I open Cakewalk, I would close the start menu and open preferences. I'd go under Audio > Devices and uncheck all input and output drivers and hit Apply. Then I would check both again and hit Apply then Close. From there I can open any projects with a noticeably lower latency. Note, this also fixed my random audio dropouts and crackling noise.

Hi, i certainly didn't understand how to do it or maybe it doesn't work in my case.
Instead of using a midi keyboard to play a VST I do it using the midi signal coming from a midi guitar and everything it has always worked but with a little excessive latency. I now describe what I do: in the Cakewalk menu, as a midi device, I activated the midi guitar driver and deactivated the ASIO4ALL input and output drivers, activating the midi device in the Cakewalk track input, but not only I don't hear the backing track but I don't even hear sound of the VST, everything is silent.

Edited by Ricci

In fact I don't understand how I can hear the audio if I disable the input and output drivers of the sound card. But it will definitely be here that I'm wrong. Can you explain me how to correct please?

• 8 months later...