LSS Solo Strings by ARIA SOUNDS for $29

Abstract

Powered by the full version of Kontakt, LSS SOLO STRINGS is a 16GB sample library comprising of meticulously sampled solo violin, viola, cello, and double bass instruments.

These instruments were sampled in a large beautiful concert hall, with many microphones, making up four main, mixable mic perspectives, close mono, close pair, mid room and far room. The difference in perspectives is huge, meaning you can create sounds ranging from a very dry and up close sound, to a singing, naturally reverberated distant violin – as well as many degrees between the two.

Three legato modes were sampled – slurred, bowed and portamento. These are easily switchable during use via keyswitches. One exceptionally useful feature, which we are shocked to say we rarely see in string libraries, is the ability to change bow on the same note. To do this, simply hold the note you want to change bow on, and press the low G keyswitch.

https://audioplugin.deals/ariasounds-lss-solo-strings/

• Like 1

Every time this developer has the exact same $29 USD incredible sale for this library, they claim it  has a regular price of $299 USD or more (spoiler: you can almost always find this library available for $29 USD), I feel a duty to recommend anyone interested in this developer do a search at this forum, KVR and VI Control  before making a purchase. I have yet to see a single positive post about the quality of this developer's string libraries. In fact, everyone I know that bought it -- including a good friend of mine -- has told me it's among, if not, the worst KONTAKT sample libraries they've ever purchased;  poorly sampled, poorly organized and poorly coded, resulting in an unusable library. Search the forums first and you'll even see some of our regulars bought this and regretted it.

Last month the developer ran a Facebook ad for the library -- for the same price -- and I commented about what I have been told about the library and several people replied that they had bought it and confirmed it was very poor and they regretted their purchase. 

There are other string library choices in this price range that are good quality. I'd suggest checking into Spitfire's free BBCO Discover library, their Originals line and Impact Soundworks Rhapsody, which sometimes goes on sale for $29 USD. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Every time this developer has the exact same $29 USD incredible sale for this library, they claim  has a regular price of $299 USD or more (hint: you can almost always find this library available for $29 USD), I feel a duty to recommend anyone interested in this developer research this forum, KVR and VI Control  before making a purchase I have yet to see a single positive post about the quality of this developer's string libraries. In fact, everyone I know that bought it -- including a good friend of mind -- has told me it's among, if not, the worst KONTAKT sample libraries they've ever purchased;  poorly sampled, poorly organized and poorly coded, resulting in an unusable library. Search the forums first and you'll even see some of our regulars bought this and regretted it. Last month the developer ran a Facebook ad for the library -- for the same price -- and I commented about what I have been told about the library and several people replied that they had bought it and confirmed it was very poor and they regretted their purchase. 

There are other string library choices in this price range that are good quality. I'd suggest checking into Spitfire's free BBCO Discover library, their Original line and Impact Soundworks Rhapsody, which sometimes goes on sale for $29 USD. 

Thanks for the heads up.  I checked out some YT vids and sound samples and it sounded really harsh. Like, lo-fi. 

Edited by Billy86
  • Like 1