Brainworx bx_console AMEK 9099 ($29.99)

Wallace Ng

I’m enamored by this - the GUI is snazzy. Even though it has the “all the buttons/knobs you can cram in a GUI” that PA favors.

For $29 I feel GAS to add this. My common sense is telling me I would never use it. And I would not enjoy all the knobs.

Nevertheless, I’m thinking about it today.

14 minutes ago, lawajava said:

I’m enamored by this - the GUI is snazzy. Even though it has the “all the buttons/knobs you can cram in a GUI” that PA favors.

For $29 I feel GAS to add this. My common sense is telling me I would never use it. And I would not enjoy all the knobs.

Honestly this is my most used PA "effect" plugin.

Not sure your workflow, but if you like channel strips as part of it, this is the most feature rich and usable one I've found.  Sure I augment it with other eqs/comps/etc sometimes.  But it is low on CPU usage and the more stuff you can accomplish in it, frees up resources for adding other things.

I always say each of the other strips feel more compromised in some way.  From unusable compressors, to questionable EQs, terrible layouts, etc.

It can't do everything - but the knobs / workflow is among the best on the market, and the sound quality is quite good.   

One of the only plugins I don't regret paying a little bit more for.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, lawajava said:

Thanks for warming up the GAS.

Having this one first would have saved me buying all the other PA Strips, or at least for basically everything other than just the fun of experimenting.

I do wish you could set the GUI default for every time you add a new instance to the track, and if they offered switchable "pre-amp" saturation options this thing would be a monster.

1 hour ago, lawajava said:

I got it too, mostly for the GUI. Still have to run it. Got it for almost free though, but I would have paid $15 or so, I guess. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

Even tho forever 29 is gone

It's not gone yet, you can still buy as many Sub's as you like, get your Plugs, then cancel your Subs.

I'm just keeping one active for the time being and see how things pan out in the future.

I actually stopped buying all plugins because I was accumulating so many of them.  This will be my last purchased plugin for this year, I mean it. 

Larry, where ever you are,  don't you come to me with another plugin discount code !!!  😠