FX windows not opening in specific project

Shaade

I'm hoping I've just accidently clicked a button or mashed a hotkey here - but in one specific project I've been working on, the windows for FX won't open anymore when I click on them.

When I click on any effect in the FX rack, the cakewalk window becomes inactive as though switching to a new window - but no new window appears. I can only guess it's opening the effect somewhere else, or something? 🤔

Again everything works normally in other projects, it's just this one I'm having issues with.

Ok, it seems like it might be a more serious problem. It's affecting all my projects now, though for some smaller ones it works temporarily upon opening and then breaks.

I've been having issues with Windows lately, I'm guessing this is another one for the list. 😞

It's possible it might be opening them to some invisible XY coordinates off screen. Try changing the display resolution while the project is open and see if that helps.

If you're getting a bunch of seemingly random issues even in Windows though you might want to be careful in case you have a hard drive that's on its way out... That can often manifest in really weird ways when it starts to fail. Always good practice to have backups of your backups...

• Thanks 1

Normally in Windows you can press Alt + Space to activate the window menu. After that you can type M, which places the window into move state. Then you can move the window with the arrow keys, and by moving the mouse without any mouse clicks.

Unfortunately Cakewalk seems to have that key combo bound, and I couldn't unbind it (or didn't know how). If you really could unbind that key press, you could open the FX view, type Alt + Space, M, and then arrow-key-surf the FX window into view. 

1 hour ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

It's possible it might be opening them to some invisible XY coordinates off screen. Try changing the display resolution while the project is open and see if that helps.

If you're getting a bunch of seemingly random issues even in Windows though you might want to be careful in case you have a hard drive that's on its way out... That can often manifest in really weird ways when it starts to fail. Always good practice to have backups of your backups...

You are a life saver! 😍

That's exactly what it was. I changed the resolution and there appeared the plugin window before me. Thank you! 💖