IK - Amplitube TONEX - Has Landed

Heath Row

AI Machine Modeled tone creator, player, browser

Standalone application and plug-in to create, play and share Tone Models

Model amps, cabinets, combos and pedals (distortion, overdrive, fuzz, EQ or boost) using regular studio gear in as little as 5 minutes per model

Browse, search, demo thousands of Tone Models covering a massive range of sought-after gear on ToneNET

Upload your own Tone Models on ToneNET to share with other TONEX users for free

Available as a free version plus 3 affordable versions to expand your tone collection

Use Tone Models to practice, jam or record inside your favorite DAW, or use them on your mobile device with TONEX App

Experience hyper-realistic Tone Models

A revolutionary concept in rig modeling, and the core of the TONEX ecosystem, TONEX software uses breakthrough AI Machine Modeling™ technology to let you model the sound of any amp, cabinet, combo or pedal, and turn it into a plug-in, all with a sonic accuracy that’s virtually indistinguishable from the real thing. You can instantly play up to 1,000+ Tone Models already available plus browse, demo and download the growing number of Tone Models available on TONEX in ToneNET.

From rare one-of-a-kind vintage amps to modern rigs, TONEX makes it possible and affordable to own the most sought-after gear in the world.

TONEX Tone Modeling features

Model amps, cabinets, combos and pedals (like distortion, overdrive, fuzz, EQ or boost) in any combination, from single element to complex rig

Built-in assistant guides you through each step from hardware connection to complete modeling

Assign custom skins to your modeled gear and open them as a plug-in or standalone inside the TONEX software and app, or AmpliTube 5 for Mac/PC

Create Tone Models in minutes (as fast as 5 minutes on modern computers*) using AI Machine Modeling technology with selectable levels of accuracy

Ultra-precise reproduction of high-frequency content with no aliasing whatsoever

Works also as an IR creator or you can use the built-in VIR™ cabinets with multiple IRs per cabinet

Get the full story by following the linkage

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tonex/

Edited by heath row
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, filo said:

I'm probably lost a little bit.  I don't want to capture anything just want to use amps/cabs/effects as I'm doing in AT5 now.  Is it this IK Tonex something just like TH-U Rig Player for my needs?

In your case you'd use it as a "player" so yes.  The list has some pretty sought-after gear captured, too, like the fabled Dumble Super Overdrive and a Klon (you can see both in some of the screenshots on the AmpliTube TONEX site too).

Edit - plus whatever users share using the TONENET for AmpliTube TONEX platform.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ALC said:

Here's the tone models list:

https://download.ikmultimedia.com/html/tonex/TONEX_Premium_Tone_Models.pdf

The free TONEX CS is quite generous, giving you Fender, Marshall, Orange, Mesa Boogie, ENGL, 5150, Ampeg, and a whole bunch of stomps.

I can only hope this is organized better in the program, because that is one unwieldy list.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GaleOm said:

I am curious how will this affect AmpliTube development.

It is part of the AmpliTube ecosystem and we've only just begun - this brings in so many possibilities and things we already have plans for.  But AmpliTube is still the analog-modeled gear vs capturing so they are different (yet work together).  So both AmpliTube and TONEX will benefit long-term, 100%.

AmpliTube and TONEX together strong

image.png.4e36a119b61c0d5d1dee2f7b0cddbd44.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

This looks like a direct crack at STL's Tonehub, which I don't like because they nickel-and-dime you on a growing number of preset packs.   I haven't been blown away by AT5 quality across the board but I love the ecosystem.  I hope this raises the bar on what's in AT5 MAX today.  Oh, and that it doesn't eat my CPU.

• Like 2

Hey @Peter - IK Multimedia - if I plug in a guitar and record a gear snapshot*, will the tone sound different if I plug in a completely different guitar that naturally has a different sound (e.g. if they have different pickups)? Or is there some sort of modelling that tries to make the input signals the same too?

*sorry if I've not used the right terminology

• Like 1