IK - Amplitube TONEX - Has Landed

Heath Row

27 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Are they uploaded? If so, what name can I search? I'm definitely finding myself leaning to the people actually using real mics and listing them. There are a flood of Kemper Profile Amp (KPA) models and I don't know if it's just me being stubborn, but I avoid those ones.

I tend to go after the stuff that was profiled directly also.  That being said, I do appreciate a number of the KPA models that were posted - some of those I tried seemed pretty well vetted to be of excellent quality.  It does tend to take away a bit from the idea of getting this RAW sounding capture with all the dynamics of the real gear though and sometimes the volume knob adjustments on a guitar don't react the way the real gear would and could have been a limiation of the KPA profile in the first place.  Of course I'd prefer to get the same amp captured with Tonex instead of a KPA capture then being captured by Tonex but if it wasn't for those creating these the pickings would be even more slim than they are already.  

That is one thing I'm looking forward to testing when I get access to some high end tube amps that are designed to actually interact with the guitar and tone knobs and see how well Tonex deals with it.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Hopefully, going forward, they streamline our ability to utilize the drive pedals in standalone.

Absolutely.

It's currently a pain to have to use a totally separate instance of ToneX (for a single drive pedal).

By comparison, Quad Cortex can run up to 9 simultaneous Captures... making it extremely easy to setup multiple boost/drive options (or multiple amps with multiple boost/drive options).

• Like 4

20 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Not at all. We're here to help each other!

Looks like that will definitely be the case even more so going forward based on that new sticky post.

17 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I've definitely been impressed with the volume knob dynamics on a lot of these.

Thank you.  I hope nobody considers thanking a user for kind words as "free advertising" lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Finally bought TONEX SE for $69.99 with Jam points.  Enjoying the bread and butter amps included in SE (I’m not a high gain guy).  Downloading the user uploaded amps + cabs with a lot of thumbs up.  I think I’ll be happy with this for a while.

Thanks, IK.

I’m looking forward to the iOS version of TONEX (with AUv3 support).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ALC said:

Finally bought TONEX SE for $69.99 with Jam points.  Enjoying the bread and butter amps included in SE (I’m not a high gain guy).  Downloading the user uploaded amps + cabs with a lot of thumbs up.  I think I’ll be happy with this for a while.

Thanks, IK.

I’m looking forward to the iOS version of TONEX (with AUv3 support).

Don't ignore some that don't have as many thumbs up.  There is some correlation between more gain and thumbs ups in the overall user base from what I saw.  Not a bad place to start of course but there are some solid ones that didn't get the virtual love.

I also don't care for high gain stuff (except in limited doses).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Don't ignore some that don't have as many thumbs up.  There is some correlation between more gain and thumbs ups in the overall user base from what I saw.  Not a bad place to start of course but there are some solid ones that didn't get the virtual love.

I also don't care for high gain stuff (except in limited doses).

Any specific recommendations?  Some people are sharing lots of tones that get lots of like, and I’m inclined to get everything they’re sharing.  I’m also cross referencing the chatter on The Gear Page and Gear Space.  But right now, I’m a kid in a candy store overwhelmed (in a good way) by the options.

I’m also awaiting the integration of TONEX stomps into AmpliTube.

On 10/21/2022 at 1:46 AM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Sorry I missed this.  They don't sync across machines currently but you should be able to export from TONEX.  If that isn't helpful I'd reach out to support with more details and they may have a better solution/recommendation.

Couldn't you just copy paste the Library.db file (documents\IK Multimedia\ TONEX) from the main machine to the others?

Or is there something else that stops that from working? 

Easy enough to try, just back the file up first. I know if you remove or rename that file TONEX will just make a new one for you, but won't contain any captures that aren't IK's, so no downloaded captures etc. 

[Edit] I think you can even remove captures you have downloaded but don't really want if you open the file in something like 'DB Browser for SQLite'

https://sqlitebrowser.org/

so they say . . . 😇

Edited by heath row
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 9:11 PM, RSMcGuitar said:

Are they uploaded? If so, what name can I search? I'm definitely finding myself leaning to the people actually using real mics and listing them. There are a flood of Kemper Profile Amp (KPA) models and I don't know if it's just me being stubborn, but I avoid those ones.

Why? Some of them are really really good.

For those interested, TONEX for iPhone and iPad was released and is free on the Apple App Store.  Your purchased TONEX version is available cross-platform so you can use the Tone Models on your Mac, PC, iPhone and iPad without purchasing anything else.  Also, you get 10 free Tone Models in TONEX for iPhone and iPad when you register the app from the Account menu in the app.

Thanks!

• Like 2