IK - Amplitube TONEX - Has Landed

Heath Row

and "* AmpliTube 5 MAX users are eligible for an extra $/€50 discount coupon on TONEX MAX ($199.99)"

this is cool of IKM . Plus the option to pay in installements. But I can't see where to pick that option. 

Update:

I am trying this fancy AI technology right now as we speak. THe CS download is 1.6 GB. Shows up in Product Manager automatically. Fairly seamless install. 

Edited by telecode 101

8 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia

I am seeing an option to pay in installments for ToneX Max. Where and how does one pick this option? I tried all sorts of ways and no way to get to pick that option. 

OR $42 x 6 MONTH

If you see that message which should be created programmatically, you should be able to click it to see the details on the PayPal multiple payment options.

Edit - If you are getting that $50 coupon I'll bet that is taking your total below the minimum for multiple payments.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia

58 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

If you see that message which should be created programmatically, you should be able to click it to see the details on the PayPal multiple payment options.

Edit - If you are getting that $50 coupon I'll bet that is taking your total below the minimum for multiple payments.

Unfortunately, I don't have AT 5 Max so I don't get the $50 off. I checked and nowhere does it allow me to click to payments option. But I do see it.

4 hours ago, heath row said:

This thing absolutely ROCKS!!!

The sound, the feel, it abounds and it's real!!

Excellent job IK, I mean it's hard to stop using it to do anything else.

I have to agree. I've been down this rabbit hole for hours. It feels real. I got Capture as well so I'm looking forward to modelling my amps. I know my clients will love this!

• Like 1

One thing that's currently a bit of a drag is that you can only have a single Tonex "capture" loaded (standalone or in Amplitube 5.5).

IOW, You can't have a capture of a tube-screamer... going into a capture of a JCM-800.

The current workaround is to use multiple instances of Tonex or Amplitude.

I certainly hope IK addresses this.

I haven't yet tried the capture process.

I'm a bit surprised to hear folks talking about 40-60 minutes for the training process to finish.

I've done a fair bit of capturing via the Quad Cortex.  It's training process takes a couple of minutes.

Even that can be a bit tedious... especially if you're capturing multiple mics/positions.

With an hour between "takes", you'll want to plan ahead (test recordings) to make sure you've got it right.

• Like 3

Capturing is way beyond my comprehension level. I just play guitar and look for sounds that sound good to use. I don't think I even have any decent gear to capture. Its all shitty amps and pedals that are all beat up from touring. I would be surprised if they even turn on properly. They been in the basement in corner for 20 years I think.

But I do have some funky old gear and pedals. Just wondering, can you capture anything and send it into ToneX?  I am still debating capturing my old Pod and Roland GT tones to send off. All the tones are buried in the presets. Does that even make any sense to do?

Edited by telecode 101

Can anyone help me? I have used A5 forever seems like. Tonex CS has lost me altogether!!

There is supposed to be 20 models in CS but I don't know how to find them.

There is no explanation as to getting the 20 user models that are supposed to be available to me! I tried the Tonex online library but there is no info as to how to acquire those either!

IOW, HELP!!! I am lost!!

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

Capturing is way beyond my comprehension level. I just play guitar

Nothing wrong with using other peoples captures of gear you know and love. That's what I'm doing with my Quad Cortex until I get my remodel done and get my studio space back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim Roseberry said:

One thing that's currently a bit of a drag is that you can only have a single Tonex "capture" loaded (standalone or in Amplitube 5.5).

IOW, You can't have a capture of a tube-screamer... going into a capture of a JCM-800.

The current workaround is to use multiple instances of Tonex or Amplitude.

I certainly hope IK addresses this.

There will be a stomp slot for TONEX Tone Models in a future update.

58 minutes ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

Can anyone help me? I have used A5 forever seems like. Tonex CS has lost me altogether!!

There is no explanation as to getting the 20 user models that are supposed to be available to me! I tried the Tonex online library but there is no info as to how to acquire those either!

IOW, HELP!!! I am lost!!

You should see your 20 models in the browser inside the TONEX software.  Are you seeing no models or many (or something else)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

IOW, HELP!!! I am lost!!

If you sort the bottom panel by preset, all the presets should be available. I'm assuming you have the CS version like me.

I haven't played witn ToneX's UI much yet, because it sounds real good and simply couldn't put the guitar down to move the mouse!

But I have the same question as @Sidney Earl Goodroe. My understanding is that with ToneX CS you get 20 devices (amps and pedals), those are not too hard to find. But you so get 20 user models, I guess you choose from many more models available, and add them to the list for a total of 40 devices. Where to you find them, pick the ones you want and add them?

22 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I haven't played witn ToneX's UI much yet, because it sounds real good and simply couldn't put the guitar down to move the mouse!

But I have the same question as @Sidney Earl Goodroe. My understanding is that with ToneX CS you get 20 devices (amps and pedals), those are not too hard to find. But you so get 20 user models, I guess you choose from many more models available, and add them to the list for a total of 40 devices. Where to you find them, pick the ones you want and add them?

You find user Tone Models on the TONEX section of ToneNET.

18 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

This answers my other question. It feels weird without it.

Indeed and agreed.  It is like I have phantom pain in my foot being unable to have the TONEX stomp Tone Models in there.  It is coming, though, I was just talking about this in a meeting and it is known that this should be in there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1