Export Clipping on Update 28.06.0.034

Mac Oidz

Question

4 answers to this question

On 8/10/2022 at 8:33 AM, Mac Oidz said:

Has anybody experience clipping when they export a file on the new update?

In the past, yes - a few times. The issue always fixed itself with a reinstall for me though. Also: Its not the first time someone did a Q&A about it - others rant like crazy on it. Some said a reboot of CbB or their systems fixed it after an update has been done. 

There were even times when my audio drivers messed up after updating CbB where everything i play sound distorted - even youtube and old rendered songs. I will try and add some links in a minute. 

Edited by Will.

On 8/10/2022 at 4:48 PM, Will. said:

In the past, yes - a few times. The issue always fixed itself with a reinstall for me though. Also: Its not the first time someone did a Q&A about it - others rant like crazy on it. Some said a reboot of CbB or their Systems after the update fixed it. 

There were even times when my audio drivers messed up after updating CbB where everything i play sound distorted - even youtube and old rendered songs. I will try and add some links in a minute. 

Thanks for the info. I'll try your recommendations. This is the first update that brought me an issue really. Although it's annoying, it really doesn't made rant like Hulk. Lol

The problem with more frequent releases is that problems are more frequently attributed to updates when they're just garden-variety configuration/usage issues.

A lot of level issues with exported files can be attributed to exporting the wrong source. One common case is exporting 'Entire Mix' when you have a send to  a headphone output or other secondary monitoring output on your interface resulting in duplication of part or all of the mix in the rendered file. Another is having the level of the hardware/driver bus set to something other than 0dB and exporting Main Outs or Entire Mix.

To avoid problems like this, I always recommend exporting just the Master Bus. The level of the exported file will always match the output level shown in the Master Bus meter - no ifs, ands or buts.

• Great Idea 2