Sign in to follow this  
Amicus717

Coming soon: Free Orchestra from Project SAM

16 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

thanks for the heads-up.

Now I have to spend $$ on Kontakt

Buying Kontakt was the most value I've gotten for my dollar in the last 5 years, in terms of stuff bought for my music hobby.  I fire Kontakt up in every project I do, and a good number of my really essential libraries use it. I've even started rolling my own small patches -- just because I can, and its fun.  FWIW, I'm extremely glad I picked it up...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Amicus717 said:

Buying Kontakt was the most value I've gotten for my dollar in the last 5 years, in terms of stuff bought for my music hobby.  I fire Kontakt up in every project I do, and a good number of my really essential libraries use it. I've even started rolling my own small patches -- just because I can, and its fun.  FWIW, I'm extremely glad I picked it up...

Agreed! I use Kontakt in every project. I love making my own patches, and mangling existing patches.  The script editor is great! It's amazing how you can transform a sound.

• Like 1

I've been eyeing their products for a while. I find them pricey, but the walkthrus and demos sound gorgeous -- I get the impression that Project SAM's samples are exquisitely recorded, and their multis and combos are well designed.  

I also think they update their products really regularly, including adding content and significant tech updates, which  I imagine offsets the fact that some of their stuff is a bit older, at least by sampling standards.  I've been considering buy Orchestral Essentials 1, just to see if how much I like their sound and approach. This freebie might go a long way towards convincing me to do so...

Based on the first offering,  saying that I was whelmed would be a generous omission of under.

• Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:44 AM, paulo said:

Based on the first offering,  saying that I was whelmed would be a generous omission of under.

unfortunately that was kind of my feeling as well. Hits are rather hard to use as anything other than effects, not much else imo. But hey, I am not going to be one of those people complaining about free stuff  :) But yea ... so far not for me but I am ever the optimist so maybe the next one will be totally awesome!