Sustain pedal stops working

ChT

Hi. I’m new here and English is not my first language so please understand if there are any mistakes. My sustain pedal stops working in a certain part of  my music. It works in other parts but when I start to record a certain part it stops. I erased it and tried again many times but this still happens. Please help me. Is there something wrong with the sustain pedal? Or is it the program? I started weeks ago so I'm really a beginner so I don't know any professional words but I had no where to ask for help .

Welcome to the forum. Kind of an odd problem to have, but will try to help.

- What sound source (hardware synth module/keyboard or soft synth), and what keyboard controller model?

- USB MIDI direct from the controller, or 5-pin DIN connections to a MIDI interface?

- At what point does it stop working, and is it just on playback or also while rehearsing/recording?

- Does it happen in a new project?

- Check the Event List view or Controller pane in the Piano Roll View to verify sustain on/off controller events are present where expected.

Edited by David Baay

Record for a while without playing or hitting sustain, shake the cord a little to see if you have a problem with the cord. Then look at the event list just to make sure it isn't sending random signals. I had a keyboard that sent random stuff that was constantly messing with my midi tracks.

Try a different pedal if you can. Try the pedal with a different keyboard if you can.

On 8/9/2022 at 3:04 AM, David Baay said:

- What sound source (hardware synth module/keyboard or soft synth), and what keyboard controller model?

- USB MIDI direct from the controller, or 5-pin DIN connections to a MIDI interface?

- At what point does it stop working, and is it just on playback or also while rehearsing/recording?

- Check the Event List view or Controller pane in the Piano Roll View to verify sustain on/off controller events are present where expected.

On 8/9/2022 at 3:04 AM, David Baay said:

The pedal was not recognized at a certain point so I edited that part and it started to work! Thank you for helping!!

On 8/9/2022 at 5:47 AM, rfssongs said:

Record for a while without playing or hitting sustain, shake the cord a little to see if you have a problem with the cord. Then look at the event list just to make sure it isn't sending random signals. I had a keyboard that sent random stuff that was constantly messing with my midi tracks.

Try a different pedal if you can. Try the pedal with a different keyboard if you can.

The pedal was not recognized at a certain point so I edited that part and it started to work! Thank you for helping!!