Orchestral Tools Female Soul Ensemble 50% off for 48 hours

BTP

1 hour ago, Christian Jones said:

I just remembered that I have East West backup singers or whatever it is, which I imagine would do what this thing does and better. But I wouldn't know as I have yet to install and fire it up 

I tried that when I had Composer Cloud and I thought it was really, really bad.  I was shocked.  i particularly found the legato to be unacceptable.  But install it and decide for yourself.

The Female Soul Ensemble, on the other hand, is wonderful.   I have a lot of female vocal libraries and this is one of the very best.  Offhand, I can't think of any other female vocal library that's better for pop music.  You maybe can get better effects in BIAB, but that's a very different thing.

There is only one legato, an uh sound. but it is very good.   But this is for background vocals, not lead lines.  I think 8dio's Studio Sopranos is better for that. 

There are a variety  of sounds-- uhs, ohs, ahs, ehs, mms, etc.  There are  sustains, scoops, and short and long swells.   The doo and hahs are great.  But the standout for me is the Marcato patch, which cycles through the various sounds.  You can get some really nice effects with that. 

A++

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1