Black Rooster Audio- VLA-FET Leveling Amp

Hidden Symmetry

BlackRoosterAudio_VLA-FET_Frontplate.jpg

Black Rooster Audio is excited to present the VLA-FET, inspired by one of the most famous and renowned leveling amplifiers in studio history. This plug-in allows for manipulation of the dynamics in the most intuitive but intense manner, thus giving you a creative tool with an outstanding variety of options, never being overly complex in handling. The super-fast attack and release times will shape out your signal more precisely and efficiently, for forceful drums, bass, and vocals.

FEATURES
AUTHENTIC CIRCUIT EMULATION
Our real-time component based circuit simulation approach allows for authentically capturing the sound and feel of the analog unit as close as possible. All the crucial parts, including in- and output transformers, an additional sidechain, and audio path networks and filters have been faithfully modeled.

SSE2 OPTIMIZED CODE
DSP operations are pipelined using the SSE2 instruction set. This ensures high-performance operation despite very complex computations.

INTRO OFFER: $69 (regular $99) - AAX/VST/AU
https://blackroosteraudio.com/en/products/vla-fet

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

To be honest I am quite surprised how many manufactures still are trying to create another version of 1176.

Is it part of a game every manufacturer needs to have its own 1176, CL2A, 1073 etc?

Just thinking... Is it game changer implementation of 1176 beating cheaper ones from competitors?

I would like more plugin makers dare to create something completely new not just trying to duplicate very old (of course still great) compressors.

Something which has lots of analog color options but let do much more than any compressor about functionality. 

It is not criticism of any kind, it is not hurting me, having many of 1176 just thinking about sense of it and chances for it in the market...

• Like 1

I agree but it's a great way to build up their product stable, especially if it's good. Many out there might be good compressors in general but are lacking compared to h/w.

I like & have been using more Black Rooster & Fuse Audio plugins for a few years now, much more than say the old coded Waves.

21 minutes ago, Mike Docy said:

I agree but at least this one is a "modernized" version:  it has a side-chain HPF and a mix knob whereas the original doesn't have those features.

Still, too pricey. I need a 19 dollar price. 😎

Or a Boz Manic Compressor......one stop shop. :D