Bandlab Sonar ... LIVE #2

Harddrive

Hey up all

Anyone with any doubts about the capability of this platform to deal with what is needed in a live situation - I can testify it's excellent. This is us last weekend at Gosport Waterfront Festival high up in the listings supporting the headline acts. My rig (closest) has a songfile running selected from the Setlist whilst my very capable partner has his own Reason-based sound arsenal running seperately but he triggers start and stop from a previously mentioned footswitch (thanks to all on here for that one!) I'm remotely driving my Roland FA06 wirelessly via a Panda MIDI dongle from the AX Edge (the wireless audio can be problematic) but it's all being dealt with by Sonar with ease. It's also driving the outboard effects and tonight we are back in a local hostelry with it hooked up to our DMX lighting system. All done by Sonar. Who needs Protools?

Once again, thank you to all for your timely advice and encouragement on here.

HARDDRIVE

20220730 - Gosport Waterfront Festival.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, Cactus Music said:

Isn’t it great to be back on stage!  Not only am I playing live again I’ve already been at 3 great festivals. 

It is. We played a pub tonight and had it literally bouncing. The festival though was epic.

HARDDRIVE

We'll be running an isolated stage monitoring system via CbB once we get properly back out there eventually, but certainly for clicks and backing synths first up.

How are you finding your machine dealing with the stage heat and humidity? I've got no doubts about CbB's stability on a well set-up machine, but things get pretty toasty for us sometimes!

17 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

We'll be running an isolated stage monitoring system via CbB once we get properly back out there eventually, but certainly for clicks and backing synths first up.

How are you finding your machine dealing with the stage heat and humidity? I've got no doubts about CbB's stability on a well set-up machine, but things get pretty toasty for us sometimes!

Not much of a problem with heat. Last night's gig was v. hot. It's okay - I am running it from a decent windows laptop

The only problem I am finding is that apropos of nothing, the input and output listing seems to want to reconfigure itself and we get in the rehearsal studio having to completely reset our sound. Then, at the gig, the original settings are restored resulting in an on the fly adjustment during the gig. Massively frustrating because really, we should have everything on the desk at 0db and balanced

HARDDRIVE

That usually happens if you run Cakewalk with your devices unplugged or changed, or you've changed which USB port they're using at any time between each performance. What I'd do is this case is make a backup of your .ini files (aud.ini, cakewalk.ini etc) and copy them back in before each performance, overwriting the "wrong" ones.

Great news about the heat thing, that's encouraging!