Majetone SALE - Great Rock Drum Kit KONTAKT Library for 10 Bucks (USD), Felt Piano $3

PavlovsCat

There are a bunch of sales going on at Loot Audio, however, there's one KONTAKT developer there who has recently captured my attention, Majetone. They rarely have sales, but they're having an excellent sale right now at Loot Audio. Last night I bought Majetone's Truck Drums 2 library and their felt piano library (which I haven't tried yet, but will update this thread after I do). They have other libraries on sale, but the ones that really caught my attention are Truck Drums 2, which is a great sounded drum kit that captures John Bonham's "When The Levee Breaks" kit sound better than I've ever heard before, playing with it is an absolute blast (I was, prior to an injury that stopped me from playing, a semi-professional rock drummer, consequently, I have a deep appreciation for great sounding drums). The fact that it's now priced at $10.63 USD makes it a total no-brainer, IMO.  I started playing it last night and even with tendonitis pain, I couldn't stop playing it. I absolutely love it. And it's much more than just a Bonham sounding kit. For my mini-critique, I wish it had two ride toms and I don't love the mapping of the ride and crash cymbal (it's on the same note, separated by velocity -- I'm going to email the developer and give him my insights; I would absolutely love if he came out with an expanded edition -- just take my money, please!).  

I'll update this thread when I have the chance to check out the felt piano.  Also, go to the Majetone and download their freebie KONTAKT libraries and if you use drum loops, they have free loops that sound really good. 

https://www.majetone.com/truck-drums (this is the page for the drum kit, which includes several audio demos, which are not on the Loot Audio page. NOTE: The sale is only at Loot Audio's site and not at Majetone's site.)

https://www.lootaudio.com/category/kontakt-instruments/majetone-industries 

Edited by PavlovsCat
Added Mentions of Their Freebies

UPDATE: I just checked out the felt piano library (for 3 bucks) pretty quickly. It's nice for what it is. It has multiple velocity layers, I don't think it has round robins, but I could be wrong.  It only has one sound that is very distinctive. I would call it a character piano library. If you like the sound of the demo, get it. But it doesn't come with additional presets, it's really just about that one sound. For $3 USD, I think it was still a bargain. But it's not a lot different than a better felt piano library you can pick up for KONTAKT for free over at Pianobook.