Go Where The Dream Takes Us

whoisp

Hey , I Really liked the soundscape and drive of this one . It sounds to me like you've got the direction already locked in. Lots of Really cool stuff going on !  It's always an issue for me deciding whether to resolve and slam the ending or do a repeating fade. I believe this one would work either way. Enjoyed it , especially your vocals ..   mark

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

Hey , I Really liked the soundscape and drive of this one . It sounds to me like you've got the direction already locked in. Lots of Really cool stuff going on !  It's always an issue for me deciding whether to resolve and slam the ending or do a repeating fade. I believe this one would work either way. Enjoyed it , especially your vocals ..   mark

haha i feel much better about it now.  I'm unsure if the intro into fist verse was ok, sort of then felt a bit lazy,  so i went mad to spice it up haha and i was going to go back into a verse and then end but i think i should keep it driving, maybe needs another minute. Cheers mark, maybe i should just JAme or end it like the bit at 2min10ish with the riff.

21 minutes ago, Keith Wilby said:

I like it as it is. Hints of Oasis and Tomorrow Never Knows (Beatles) on the arrangement. How do you get those awesome guitar sounds? Whenever I try to record a guitar it sounds awful.

The crazy electric FX sound is with sustain verb/delay (cakewalk stock)  on a  saturation distortion (cakewalk stock)  with compression to bring harmonics out  playing a copper finger slide on a strat.  The simple riff guitar at start is plucking two strings together with compression and Verb on the Cakewalk TH3, all stock plugins less the Compression Autoformer i used.  I love sound design, it gives me more ideas when im making sounds for production. I record my vocals, guitars and bass round -12 and never go over -9 so i get a warmer sounding recording so it doesn't feel stressed. I always think its about finding a sound you like and we normally like other peoples sounds more than our own.

Phil

• Like 2

On 8/6/2022 at 3:22 PM, Bajan Blue said:

Phil  -i like this - sounds great - i like the end after the break - i would just make the fade more gentle and longer

Cool

nigel

still might do another verse or make middle 8 longer, i jammed with it and ended up thinking i got better idea haha

On 8/7/2022 at 4:37 PM, STEVE POOLE said:

The mix is dead right, vocal chorus seemed a little far back and weak but overall really liked it ... so I'm watching this space to see where you take it ..great work  !

Steve

Cheers Steve, ive had a tidy on the spoke/sing/rap type section as much of its ben jamming to work on structure. Still tweaking production a long the way but I'm really unsure to go back into a singing verse followed by the sort of short chorus or just extend the last bit, keep it pumping and go nutz  haha

P

On 8/12/2022 at 8:41 PM, DeeringAmps said:

I'll hold my "like" for the final mix...

t

The middle 8 guitar as taken it to a new level and its really caused me a problem if to extend it...  Its current;y about 4mins but there's a extra minute in there easy, actually now sounds too short which is odd.  

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 8:41 PM, DeeringAmps said:

I'll hold my "like" for the final mix...

t

ive updated, however i used the wrong mix in video, used the beta lol, its the same structure but the spoken/rap part vocal on final mix as TDR Molotok parallel compression behind the vocal that gives it more aggression and excitement . It's best parallel compression free plugin ive used by a long way

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...