AUDIO DROPOUT.

Gerry 1943

I am currently working on a project ( 8 bars only at this point ) and when I try to play and replay the section, I am CONSTANTLY  getting an " AUDIO ENGINE DROPOUT " message.

The message is # 1 which is related to the buffer size.

When I try to increase the buffer size from the system's 5.8msec, the system will not allow me to do it. What ever the number I try to increase it to, the system brings me back to 5.8msec.

What seems to be the problem and how can the issue be resolved?  It is getting very frustrating when you can't even play 8 bars without interruption!!!!!!!

And this is only the beginning of the project.......

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and any replies.

This is a recurring issue that I have had in the past..................

The other thing is what you actually have running in your projects too. If you have 5 instances of Sonitus EQ and it's dropping out, that's not good. If you have 50 instances of Ozone in your project then... yeah, good luck getting that to play on anything in the next 10 years.

We need to know a little more about your computer (how much RAM, is it a SSD drive, what kind and how fast is your CPU, etc), if you're using the proper ASIO drivers for your interface, and what you typically have running in your problem projects or we're all just guessing with our suggestions.

I have the M4. I had to purchase a PCIe USB 3.0 card to get it to run properly. It's bus powered like yours. 

And even after all that I need to run it at 512 to avoid any glitches. On the exact same system my other 2 interfaces can run at 128 without issue. 

But from what your saying you probably have not even installed the drivers yet and are running on Windows driver which explains everything.  

Thank you All for your replies and valuable information.

This is the first time  had encountered the problem and I could NOT change the buffer size.

However, following some of the comments, I was able to change the buffer size and as of now the situation has not happened again.

Again, thank you all for your replies, info and tips.

Much appreciated.

Gerry.