ProjectSAM The Free Orchestra 1 version 2.0 (Fully Updated)

BTP

18 minutes ago, Last Call said:

What's new?

From the linked landing page: 

What’s new in version 2.0?

New Sounds

Wretched Risers (from Symphobia 4: Pandora)

Organ Mystique (from our various church organ recordings)

New Features

Powered by a completely new engine

Fresh and spacious design

All-in-One instrument and browser

In-browser audio previews

New and inspiring Multis by ProjectSAM

10 slot mixer to arrange and design your own Multis

Adaptive Sync for a selection of instruments

Shift and trim mapping of individual articulations

Customize articulation switching and dynamic control

On-screen tool tips

Improved Features

Smoother envelopes, filters and curves for all instruments

Better release trail response for slow sustains

Various mapping bug fixes

• Like 3

This along with Klang and Labs were like this gift that kept on giving for Kontakt (Labs now has it's own player) When they bundled all these instruments into a single bundle, I figured the it was no longer going to keep growing... Glad to find out I was wrong! 🙂👍

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

I'm surprised Klang isn't more popular. I don't hear about it much, but there are some very unique / cool instruments in that collection.

Not everyone has full Kontakt, but yes - some very nice sounds in that series

• Like 1

23 hours ago, antler said:

The series is available here:

https://klang.cologne/

Some instruments are free; some are paid for, but generally modestly priced. They're (full) Kontakt instruments, so they don't stop working/start charging.

I remember when Cinemathique brought out their first Klang instruments.  I am quite certain they were ALL freebies.  I downloaded a bunch of them as they released them, but didn't really use them.  Too niche for me,  so I stopped paying attention. 

I now see that at some point Cinemathique made Klang an independent brand, so I guess that was when they changed to their current mode of charging 5 euros each.  It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the paid collection were freebies before they went paid.   But anyway, I'm assuming everything will start out paid from now on.

If anybody who was downloading Klang from the beginning can clarify this for me, it would be appreciated. 

9 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

If anybody who was downloading Klang from the beginning can clarify this for me, it would be appreciated. 

Yes -  Cinemathique made Klang an independent brand due to its popularity. Most are 5 Euros, but e.g. the KONZEPT ones are 15. I thought I saw one for 20, but I can't find it anymore.

They do still release freebies. Not as often as they used to, and they are interleaved with paid-for ones.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Same here.  Love this.

Honestly, I grab a lot of these free libraries because, well, the price is right. But the sounds of these plus the functionality of the new UI makes it an instrument I'm more likely to reach for.  Don't want to give them any ideas but I could see myself paying for this/ future expansions. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Steve Madden said:

Don't want to give them any ideas but I could see myself paying for this/ future expansions. 

As I understand, these are select patches from their other paid-for collections; you might want to take a look at those, and they do have sales every now and then.

2 hours ago, antler said:

As I understand, these are select patches from their other paid-for collections; you might want to take a look at those, and they do have sales every now and then.

I do have a few of their libraries. Can't afford the more expensive ones.  I just love the way the interface makes it easy to mix and match these sounds together. I know you can stack instruments in Kontakt but this interface is so much more appealing to me. 

• Like 1