Hidden Symmetry

Great song, definitely not your run of the mill Weather Channel smooth jazz tunes.   Super interesting throughout, great guitar playing and instrumentation,  the mix is good too.   Love it...

Do you have any old hard drives you want to sell?😀

Regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow! Great tune, the whole song has a Zappa feel to it from I don't remember where or when and the snare is terrific. Yeah, there's some mixing issues, but the playing more than makes up for it!

All you need is some xylophone and you've got a hit song for the geezers like me who saw him in the 70s. Thanks for sharing this song!

Timbo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent. Love the arrangement architecture and the stellar leads as they take their turns. Such a cool throwback!

As great as this is, I think "will the kids of today ever dig this?" And the answer is "no" and it's their loss, I'm afraid.

Great tune.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2022 at 1:53 PM, markno999 said:

Great song, definitely not your run of the mill Weather Channel smooth jazz tunes.   Super interesting throughout, great guitar playing and instrumentation,  the mix is good too.   Love it...

Do you have any old hard drives you want to sell?😀

Regards

Hi markno999,

I have quite a few old hardrives but many projects are just midi, incomplete or abandoned . I'm away from my gear for 6 months so going through these relics keep me occupied with music somewhat. It's also interesting mixing on my day to day laptop in cheap cans , a few plugins & using the stock drivers. 

Thanks again for listening.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

On 8/4/2022 at 3:49 PM, STEVE POOLE said:

Starbucks .. today's newspaper and this chill-out ..all good to me love it !

Thank you Steve.

On 8/4/2022 at 5:54 PM, timboalogo said:

Wow! Great tune, the whole song has a Zappa feel to it from I don't remember where or when and the snare is terrific. Yeah, there's some mixing issues, but the playing more than makes up for it!

All you need is some xylophone and you've got a hit song for the geezers like me who saw him in the 70s. Thanks for sharing this song!

Timbo

Thanks Timbo, glad you enjoyed the track.

On 8/5/2022 at 8:19 AM, PhonoBrainer said:

Excellent. Love the arrangement architecture and the stellar leads as they take their turns. Such a cool throwback!

As great as this is, I think "will the kids of today ever dig this?" And the answer is "no" and it's their loss, I'm afraid.

Great tune.

cheers,

-Tom

everything Tom said - spot on as usual!!

Great track, loved it and definitely a bit of Frank in there

Cool

Nigel

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2022 at 8:19 AM, PhonoBrainer said:

Great tune.

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks Tom, appreciate it.  I never write  for commercial appeal in mind. I do get emails from younger listeners from time to time saying they enjoy my tunes, keeps me encouraged anyway.

I notice that with YouTube the trend seems to be these first time listening reaction videos.  I watched a few & some listen to a wide range of music. Not sure how legit the 'first time listening' part is but they do get alot of traffic. Ironic how they get more than some of the artists themselves...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Thanks Tom, appreciate it.  I never write  for commercial appeal in mind. I do get emails from younger listeners from time to time saying they enjoy my tunes, keeps me encouraged anyway.

I notice that with YouTube the trend seems to be these first time listening reaction videos.  I watched a few & some listen to a wide range of music. Not sure how legit the 'first time listening' part is but they do get alot of traffic. Ironic how they get more than some of the artists themselves...

As in, when some grown-***** man "discovers" for the "first time" something like "Hotel California" . . . really, we need to hear your "hot take"